The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Watching his season of TUF, it seemed like Pantoja was highly overrated barely getting by Eric Shelton but he looks better now

Crazy seeing those 2 stand so close together but there'd be a second or 2 of nothing thrown

Askarov kept a huge pace and got it done. Crazy Pantoja was so close to his title shot and now gets sent back down

Pantoja's a savage. He keeps getting better, and he's always got that base of top-level BJJ. I think he's going to end up with a title shot before everything's said and done.

He could have gotten the decision today and it wouldn't have been a robbery.

Askarov is so good too, though. Technically superb all-round. Finished every single fight before the UFC. He could easily be next in line now - I'd say it's a tossup between him and Brandon Moreno for the next title shot.

A lot of interesting matchups in line at flyweight now. Helps that Figgy (I'm not going to try and spell it rn) is a really exciting champ. But then we've got Askarov, Moreno, Alex Perez (won his last fight via leg kicks), Pantoja, Kara-France coming up. Also Manel Kape (Rizin champ, just knocked out Kai Asakura in his last fight) coming to the UFC. A bunch of fun fighters and fresh names.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Pantoja's a savage. He keeps getting better, and he's always got that base of top-level BJJ. I think he's going to end up with a title shot before everything's said and done.

He could have gotten the decision today and it wouldn't have been a robbery.

Askarov is so good too, though. Technically superb all-round. Finished every single fight before the UFC. He could easily be next in line now - I'd say it's a tossup between him and Brandon Moreno for the next title shot.

A lot of interesting matchups in line at flyweight now. Helps that Figgy (I'm not going to try and spell it rn) is a really exciting champ. But then we've got Askarov, Moreno, Alex Perez (won his last fight via leg kicks), Pantoja, Kara-France coming up. Also Manel Kape (Rizin champ, just knocked out Kai Asakura in his last fight) coming to the UFC. A bunch of fun fighters and fresh names.

Joe is such a likable guy but Figgy winning probably saved the flyweight division. He is a ruthless killer with 1 punch KO power that is on display every time he sets foot in the octagon. 

Lots of fun standup fights to make at FW

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Also Manel Kape (Rizin champ, just knocked out Kai Asakura in his last fight) coming to the UFC

WHAT?!?!!?!?!

When did this happen? Oh, man. Between the big boy Jiri P coming over and now Kape, I'm friggin' excited as hell.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

WHAT?!?!!?!?!

When did this happen? Oh, man. Between the big boy Jiri P coming over and now Kape, I'm friggin' excited as hell.

I know right, same here. Man really snuck under the radar. He's fighting at 252, against Rogerio Bontorin (16-2, 2-1 in the UFC with a loss last fight to Ray Borg).

Hoping he'll land on the scene with the same impact Jiri did when he debuted. The good thing about Rizin is that, being a pretty shallow pool of fighters, eventually you get to the point where you've fought everyone and you need something new (UFC). Would love it if Asakura and Horiguchi came over to the UFC as well. That would be a dream.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Robert Whittaker is such a character. Seems like a genuine guy. Crazy he is just 29, like ever since he lost the belt no one talks about him getting it back someday. He did have a terrible gameplan though but either way he's a funny dude

I get what he was trying to do vs Iggy but he did it so damn sloppy and left himself exposed to unnecessary shots. He was trying to do what Gastelum did and force the action but he was wild and got finished. I'm rooting for Till just because I love him but I'd be all for seeing Izzy-Bob 2.

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I get what he was trying to do vs Iggy but he did it so damn sloppy and left himself exposed to unnecessary shots. He was trying to do what Gastelum did and force the action but he was wild and got finished. I'm rooting for Till just because I love him but I'd be all for seeing Izzy-Bob 2.

I'm not even sure who I want to win that one but either way the MW division is better for 1 of them to win either way. Not like a win that doesnt help move the division along