The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That one's going to be spicy, can't wait to see if Chimaev is the real deal. If he starches Edwards I wonder what's next for him. 

The top of WW is such a cluster. The title fight needs to still happen a month later. Are Colby/Masvidal fighting soon? Id think the winner of that gets a shot but if Usman loses the strap but its close, he could get an immediate rematch.

Also, I think they are doing Wonderboy dirty by giving him Luque and Neal back to back. He needs to fight someone alot closer to the top too but you cant give him to Chimaev if he starches Leon

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Excited to see how Chandler looks against UFC competition. Will Brooks got embarrassed and sent back to the B-Leagues. 

True, Eddie Alvarez had success though. Brooks is a crazy one, he beats Chandler twice and then is hot garbage barely beating Ross Pearson and then losing 3 in a row before being cut

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 2:57 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does anyone actually think Usman beats Burns? Seems so crazy that no one is picking him to defend his title(I think Burns wins too) but its rare to see the challenger predicted to win so much

Is that really what everyone is saying?

That's kinda crazy. Gotta be people talking out of emotion, out of what they want to happen, not what they truly think will happen.

Usman's gotta be the favorite. Burns can win, no doubt, but with what Usman's done so far I don't see how you can put him as the underdog.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Is that really what everyone is saying?

That's kinda crazy. Gotta be people talking out of emotion, out of what they want to happen, not what they truly think will happen.

Usman's gotta be the favorite. Burns can win, no doubt, but with what Usman's done so far I don't see how you can put him as the underdog.

Everyone is a strong word I suppose but when ive seen/heard people talk about the fight I hear:

Burns is the better striker(maybe?) and BJJ guy(duh)

Will Usman be afraid to take him down if he can?

What is his path to victory?

On 12/25/2020 at 2:48 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is his path to victory?

That's such a hard fight to pick for me as I can see either guy winning. One advantage Usman has though is that he's naturally a bigger man having previously fought at MW and the rest of his career at WW. Whereas Burns has fought at 155/170 so he probably walks around closer to 170 than Usman does and will be the smaller/weaker man on fight night. Usman has also gone 5 rounds in each of his last 5 fights while Burns has only gone 5 rounds once in his career (never been past round 3 either) and that was against a washed Woodley who looked like he didn't want to be there. Will Burns gas tank be able to hold up against Usman in a high paced, high pressure fight?

On 12/24/2020 at 10:12 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The top of WW is such a cluster. The title fight needs to still happen a month later. Are Colby/Masvidal fighting soon? Id think the winner of that gets a shot but if Usman loses the strap but its close, he could get an immediate rematch.

Also, I think they are doing Wonderboy dirty by giving him Luque and Neal back to back. He needs to fight someone alot closer to the top too but you cant give him to Chimaev if he starches Leon

Yeah they need to do Colby/Masvidal ASAP and let the winner fight the winner of Usman/Burns. If Usman loses I can't see Dana giving him an immediate rematch because he has a boring style and doesn't sell PPV. In a perfect world for the UFC, Masvidal beats Colby and Burns beats Usman, so they can do Masvidal/Burns for the belt and Colby/Usman 2 next. 

It's kind of tough for Wonderboy because all of the top guys have fights or potential fights on the horizon. The two fights that would make the most sense for him next are the Woodley trilogy or the winner of Edwards/Chimaev.