The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

I don't agree with DC very often, but I do in regards to the Stipe Francis fight. If Stipe isn't healed up, he's going down fast.

If he is healed up, I think there's a 60% chance Stipe does the same thing to Francis that he did the first time with 40% chance he gets put out cold. 

Also, I find it funny that Dana has gone out of his way through virus BS to still give Burns his title shot, but is trying to go around Chucky Olives getting his. He deserves a title shot more than just about everyone who isn't scheduled for one.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't agree with DC very often, but I do in regards to the Stipe Francis fight. If Stipe isn't healed up, he's going down fast.

If he is healed up, I think there's a 60% chance Stipe does the same thing to Francis that he did the first time with 40% chance he gets put out cold. 

Also, I find it funny that Dana has gone out of his way through virus BS to still give Burns his title shot, but is trying to go around Chucky Olives getting his. He deserves a title shot more than just about everyone who isn't scheduled for one.

The biggest difference is if not Burns then who? Colby just lost to Usman, so did Masvidal hence the pairing and Leon has been out forever. Usman needs a dance partner. 

LW is stacked. Chandler keeps saying yes and Charlie Olives is hesitant. I love him and I get he's on a winning streak but beating what looks like a done Ferguson(who I love even more than Olives) and Kevin Lee dont exactly scream title shot to me either when you stack it up against a 1st round KO of Dan Hooker. Heck some/most of the guys Chandler has beaten recently are better than the first 6 in Oliveira's run

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The biggest difference is if not Burns then who? Colby just lost to Usman, so did Masvidal hence the pairing and Leon has been out forever. Usman needs a dance partner. 

LW is stacked. Chandler keeps saying yes and Charlie Olives is hesitant. I love him and I get he's on a winning streak but beating what looks like a done Ferguson(who I love even more than Olives) and Kevin Lee dont exactly scream title shot to me either when you stack it up against a 1st round KO of Dan Hooker. Heck some/most of the guys Chandler has beaten recently are better than the first 6 in Oliveira's run

Beating the #6 ranked contender as your only UFC appearance doesn't equal a title shot in my book. Look at what pitbull did to him when they thought.

Maybe Ferguson isn't finished, maybe other people are just better than he is now. Not many people in Tony's 13 fight win streak were that special in the first place.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Beating the #6 ranked contender as your only UFC appearance doesn't equal a title shot in my book. Look at what pitbull did to him when they thought.

Maybe Ferguson isn't finished, maybe other people are just better than he is now. Not many people in Tony's 13 fight win streak were that special in the first place.

that's kind of my point with Olives as well. Why not fight Chandler for a shot a Poirier? Olives hasn't cemented himself as the #1 contender, Burns did and despite Covid, no one has come close to jumping him

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

that's kind of my point with Olives as well. Why not fight Chandler for a shot a Poirier? Olives hasn't cemented himself as the #1 contender, Burns did and despite Covid, no one has come close to jumping him

He's way closer to being a #1 contender than Chandler is. That's my whole point. Even Dustin and Diego Ferreira and other fighters have said the same thing

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He's way closer to being a #1 contender than Chandler is. That's my whole point. Even Dustin and Diego Ferreira and other fighters have said the same thing

thats all fine and good but im not surprised they are sticking with the UFC guy over the Bellator one. Either way if Dustin fights Conor for a belt or not for a belt, Olives better fight Gaethje or Chandler or else he will be passed over again