The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Masvidal's coach on his next fight:

“He’s finally in a place where he can make big money, and it should be something very big. It should be a title fight. It should be one of the biggest names in the sport. They should sell pay-per-views. It’s not a co-main event on a Fight Night.”

“This should be a pay-per-view headliner against another equally big draw, and I think Jorge is probably the second-biggest draw in the sport probably to Conor (McGregor), honestly. And hopefully, he is rewarded for what he’s done and what he’s created and is compensated appropriately.”

“Jorge is in a place he has carved his own path and put himself in a position more deserved than anybody,” Brown added. “This guy’s like a 50-fight veteran fought everybody in the world for so long and done it all, I think it will be a very big fight. In his mind, I think he’s right. He wants somebody that will be very big, very entertaining, and where he gets the most money out of it.”

@SilverNBlackFan

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Bingo. I'd say that he's aiming for a big money fight. He's a huge draw right now and got what he wanted when he renegotiated his contract for the Usman fight. But if he takes a fight against someone like Colby and gets man handled again, he kind of losses all of his star power and isn't nearly as big of a draw, IMO. 

The biggest money fight at 170 and best stylistic matchup for him is Diaz. I don't want to see that again, but maybe the UFC does that again since Nate won't be getting Olivera or Poirier like he wants. 

17 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

The biggest money fight at 170 and best stylistic matchup for him is Diaz. I don't want to see that again, but maybe the UFC does that again since Nate won't be getting Olivera or Poirier like he wants. 

4 man tournament for the BMF belt.

Conor vs Nate

Jorge vs Nick

Make it happen Dana.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Masvidal can push all he wants, he won't be getting an immediate rematch after he arguably lost to Usman 5-0. And Dana already said that the winner of Leon-Colby would fight Usman-Burns.

Which leaves Masvidal in a tough spot. I think the only guy I could see him agreeing to fight is Wonderboy again. He did mention wanting to get him back. I don't see him fighting Chiesa again.

Funny thing is if Burns wins tonight...would Masvidal rematch Usman?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Funny thing is if Burns wins tonight...would Masvidal rematch Usman?

Hell no. I don't think Jorge really wants any part of Colby or Usman unless it's for a title. Because those are horrible matchups for him and he has to milk his PPV draw power while he can. He'll probably go the Woodley route and sit out until he gets a title shot. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hell no. I don't think Jorge really wants any part of Colby or Usman unless it's for a title. Because those are horrible matchups for him and he has to milk his PPV draw power while he can. He'll probably go the Woodley route and sit out until he gets a title shot. 

If thats the case will he ever fight? Unless someone gets hurt/Covid again and i doubt Jorge does that again, he needs to beat someone or else its this Conor/Dustin 3 thing all over again where we give the undeserving PPV draw a shot over someone like Leon/Colby

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

If they make Conor vs. Diamond for the belt (after refusing to do so this last time), and Dustin loses and doesn't get a rematch because of it, I'm 100% done with the UFC. 

Yea its so crazy that they didnt do it for the belt last time. I wouldn't have loved the idea because Conor has been inactive but at least he was coming off a quick win