The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i think jorge v usman is a great fight

Really? I dont see it ending any differently. Usman is just so much bigger, he can take the fight wherever he wants to go. I feel like the only way he loses is if he gets over confident in his striking gains with Trevor Wittman

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i think jorge v usman is a great fight

Has to be the first time in UFC history that a fighter who has never held a belt, losses in a title fight, doesn't fight again while the champion defends the belt, and then gets another title shot.

Usman vs Burns was really the #1 contender fight for the BMF belt. 

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Really? I dont see it ending any differently. Usman is just so much bigger, he can take the fight wherever he wants to go. I feel like the only way he loses is if he gets over confident in his striking gains with Trevor Wittman

Usman isn't that type of fighter though. He'll use his wrestling and cardio to wear Jorge out again. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

@NYRaider You were right. Usman Masvidal 2 it is.

I expect another snoozefest unless Usman gets too full of himself and mistakenly thinks he can stand with Jorge like he did with Burns.

Which I have a hard time seeing. Against Woodley/Masvidal two guys he knew had the power to finish him, he used his cardio, wrestling, and grappling to wear them out. Burns is a legit black belt in BJJ that has won a ton of high level grappling tournaments and has 8 submission wins, he didn't want to get into a grappling match with him. We saw the same thing in the Colby fight who is also a very good wrestler as Usman just looked to out strike him.