The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Just now, mse326 said:

And those were the only 6 strikes he took. Dude did nothing.

Neither of them did anything....Yoel threw around 20 meaningful punches and 2-3 meaningful kicks...and Israel threw 20-25 meaningful kicks, and 0 meaningful punches.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

izzy threw like 4 punches the entire fight lol

he basically leg kicked at a distance the entire fight

pretty sure leg kicks matter. Yoel had zero initiation at all.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Is Romero calling him out for not fighting? He was the one standing there doing nothing.

bro... what are you talking about? if i stand 8 feet away from you and then slide out every time you move forward, there really nothing you can do. Yoel didnt do much but he tried to engage significantly more than izzy.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I get R1 for Izzy (just to remind people I thought no one should get points for that)

He at least looked like he was trying to find a way in. Romero didn't want to initiate a damn thing. 1 big strike doesn't balance that out.

absolutely no way r1 goes to izzy. the only half way significant thing that happened came from yoel. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea, that was bad. have the smallest sense of awareness, all he had to say was it wasnt the performance he wanted but yoels so dangerous. Instead he talked about leg kicks, almost literally the only strikes he threw all fight.

Not just that, but when he tried to call out Acosta it just fell completely flat. He doesn't know whether or not he wants to be the loved superstar or the heel...neither of which he seems to be able to pull off.

As much as a lot of people may hate it....UFC is all about entertainment nowadays, and if someone can't get the crowd going on the mic and put ***** in seats, they aren't going to be superstars, no matter how good they may be.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

bro... what are you talking about? if i stand 8 feet away from you and then slide out every time you move forward, there really nothing you can do. Yoel didnt do much but he tried to engage significantly more than izzy.

I don't know what you were watching I saw it the complete opposite. Izzy was the one trying to get the angles and change attacking position to find an in. Yoel just stood there hoping for a counter

absolutely no way r1 goes to izzy. the only half way significant thing that happened came from yoel. 

1 significant strike vs at least attempting to find an in.

Like I said neither deserves that round but I can understand giving it to Izzy

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

pretty sure leg kicks matter. Yoel had zero initiation at all.

this is wrong. Everytime yoel tried to initiate izzy backed out. Its not like yoel did a lot but its just false to say izzy initiated. Staying far outside and circling is not initiating, even if you throw in a leg kick every other minute.

Just now, mse326 said:

Yoel just stood there hoping for a counter

izzy was just dancing out of range trying to counter lol

yoel stood there and said your feints are nothing, he destroyed his whole gm. izzy was terrified. cause he actually got hit in the head more than once the entire fight 

this is wrong. Everytime yoel tried to initiate izzy backed out. Its not like yoel did a lot but its just false to say izzy initiated. Staying far outside and circling is not initiating, even if you throw in a leg kick every other minute.

Walking a step forward is not moving forward to initiate. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

izzy was just dancing out of range trying to counter lol

yoel stood there and said your feints are nothing, he destroyed his whole gm. izzy was terrified. cause he actually got hit in the head more than once the entire fight 

That's where we disagree. I don't think he was trying to counter. He was trying to find an opening that just didn't come. Romero, to his credit, did bite on the faints, but that is what Izzy was trying to get happen. Open up just a little to take a shot.

I don't know what you were watching I saw it the complete opposite. Izzy was the one trying to get the angles and change attacking position to find an in. Yoel just stood there hoping for a counter

this just isnt true though. Its just not. And please explain what you mean by "change attacking position".... curious to see what you mean by that. I hope its not stance switches or something,

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

1 significant strike vs at least attempting to find an in.

he was trying to counter the same as yoel, he just dances more. yoel wasn't going backwards he was standing there and izzy stayed out of range

I still think that was a good fight btw, very tense

Walking a step forward is not moving forward to initiate. 

no, but blitzing in is. And like i said, he didnt do it much but when he did izzy ran. He had no interest in any kind of engagement, just circle and leg kick. You didnt even dispute that.