The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

7 hours ago, mse326 said:

He clearly tapped, what is he on?

Almost certain he went out for a second, when he tapped. A lot of the time when you tap a little too late you kinda go out and come back to again, and you can easily be confused and disoriented when that happens. Looks like the case here.

I joked earlier that we're going to see it come out that Kevin Lee had coronavirus for this fight. Honestly right now, I almost think that might be the case. He missed weight, and he looked kinda sluggish right away in this fight. Oliveira's striking and movement was really sharp, Lee's kinda looked like he was throwing punches underwater. Coronavirus or not, felt like there was something off about him today.

Oliveira looked great though, he's just getting better and better. 7 fight win streak, all finishes. Another shark at lightweight, so many great fights to be made.

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Almost certain he went out for a second, when he tapped. A lot of the time when you tap a little too late you kinda go out and come back to again, and you can easily be confused and disoriented when that happens. Looks like the case here.

Buckrock coming in here with logic and stuff, i just wanna keep making fun of Kevin Lee! 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I joked earlier that we're going to see it come out that Kevin Lee had coronavirus for this fight. Honestly right now, I almost think that might be the case. He missed weight, and he looked kinda sluggish right away in this fight. Oliveira's striking and movement was really sharp, Lee's kinda looked like he was throwing punches underwater. Coronavirus or not, felt like there was something off about him today.

Oliveira looked great though, he's just getting better and better. 7 fight win streak, all finishes. Another shark at lightweight, so many great fights to be made.

Really funny you say that because as bad as his striking has been i thought this was one of his better performances there lol

Very happy for Oliveira and the UFC for that matter. Looking forward to Oli's next fight. Been a fan for a while(although his own weight troubles were annoying) and glad he got the W now. Always a good thing to have another very skilled fighter that can finish a fight anywhere 

No one wins when a fighter misses weight and gets the W. Look at the flyweight division. Benavidez loses and a whole division is still not spoken for. 

Yoel Romero misses weight twice in title fights(interim or not) and wins 1, loses the other

Edwards out of next weeks event. Without them being able to hold it in London and the travel bans coming into effect it wasn't possible/practical for him and his team to come to the states on this short notice. 

I get the desire to keep going, but youlose one of the headliners, a bunch of other fighters are from outside the US and need to be replaced, and they don't even have a site yet and it will be difficult to find one, it may be time to call this event off and work and the logistics for subsequent events.

Re-watched Garbrant v Cruz and some of the trash talk beforehand. He had a similar hatred for Dom as TJ but kept his composure in the octagon vs Cruz. Crazy to see a fighter get more experienced and yet his fight IQ falls off a cliff. He can swing big vs Dom because the threat of a KO is minimal but you cant vs TJ

Watching Conor Diaz 2, i was surprised to hear someone say 1-1 after 2. I know Diaz finished strong but Conor had him over half the round and dropped him twice. Conor ran like half that round. Pitiful. Another 30 seconds and Diaz might’ve won it in the 3rd. Round 4 was really close, had it for Conor but wouldn’t pitch a fit if it was given to Nate. Same thing goes for round 5 although i think maybe that was Diaz

I never watched this fight because i heard the outcome before i could so i didnt bother