The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

7 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Great now we get to see Islam walk through another kick boxer. Bobby Green is stepping in for Dariush.

pretty sure the Dagestanis sabotage fights against anyone that poses a threat to them.

bobby green getting that main event slot. i love it. if green somehow beats islam it's one of my favorite moments in a while. 

On 2/16/2022 at 9:14 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I could see Cannonier beating Izzy. Not by decision though. Izzy cant be beaten by decision because he's adopted the Floyd strategy of backing up and throwing jabs. I've never seen such an exciting fighter become so boring to watch.

Idk he was pretty close to losing a decision vs Whittaker

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yeah but Canonnier imo will be more aggressive than Whittaker in terms of trying to knock out Izzy which is his best shot at winning even though nobodies don't it in mma yet. Cannonier has underrated power 

Specific to Cannonier, yea his best chance is KO. He likely won't lose 3 rounds to Jared

Hilarious how the LHW title fight is the main event over Justin vs Chucky. I get that it happens when you have 2 titles and 1 is a heavyweight but the draw there is for the co main.

happy for glover but if he can't take down Jiri and ground and pound him, Jiri wins 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hilarious how the LHW title fight is the main event over Justin vs Chucky. I get that it happens when you have 2 titles and 1 is a heavyweight but the draw there is for the co main.

happy for glover but if he can't take down Jiri and ground and pound him, Jiri wins 

How often has the lighter weight actually been the headliner tho? I think they only did it for Conor and, maaaaaaaaaybe, GSP.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Yeah and they were because they were bigger draws.

id like to believe that Chucky and Justin are the bigger draw between the 2 title fights 

If they were, the UFC would know it by now. They've both had several MEs at this point.

16 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

True but if Glover gets it early, Jiri might not get out of the round. Should be very interesting. 

• Like 1