The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I guess, yeah, but burns is better than all the other contenders imo. Besides maybe Colby. Any one of those 3 would steamroll boring Belal. After the Edwards fight, if Usman wins, nobody else seems like a good fight besides Chimaev to me.

Dana White has publicly stated how much he regrets rushing Darren Till into the spotlight that comes with a title fight. He's now one of Chimaev's main training partners and Chimaev himself recently said that he'd love to help Conor train and doesn't care if he fights Usman for the belt before he gets his own title shot. I do think that if Chimaev beats one more top contender you're almost forced to let him fight Usman next though, wouldn't mind seeing him fight Colby. 

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Burns was also killing himself to make 155. Robert Whittaker wasn't looking too great at 170 before he moved to 185

I was teasing but Burns really isn't known as a striker at all and he out outstruck him and had him hurt a couple of times. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dana White has publicly stated how much he regrets rushing Darren Till into the spotlight that comes with a title fight. He's now one of Chimaev's main training partners and Chimaev himself recently said that he'd love to help Conor train and doesn't care if he fights Usman for the belt before he gets his own title shot. I do think that if Chimaev beats one more top contender you're almost forced to let him fight Usman next though, wouldn't mind seeing him fight Colby. 

Screw uncle fester. Woodley was just the first wrestler that till had to fight.

He chooses everything unless he can't because he can't change the champions skill set. Same reason why you won't see Vettori or Hermansson fighting Perreira before he gets his shot at Izzy.

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Screw uncle fester. Woodley was just the first wrestler that till had to fight.

He chooses everything unless he can't because he can't change the champions skill set. Same reason why you won't see Vettori or Hermansson fighting Perreira before he gets his shot at Izzy.

Chimaev is the most marketable star they have coming up outside of maybe Paddy and/or O'Malley. I just don't really see them rushing him into a title shot after that performance against Burns. Usman will be 35 this summer anyways so I doubt he fights for much longer. 

Edited by NYRaider

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Chimaev shouldn't get a title shot yet, let him fight once or twice against another true contender. 

I would agree that he should fight one guy before a title shot....Colby obviously makes sense.

Maybe they let him slap around a top 10 middleweight just because he can....corny a.. Strickland comes to mind.

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would agree that he should fight one guy before a title shot....Colby obviously makes sense.

Maybe they let him slap around a top 10 middleweight just because he can....corny a.. Strickland comes to mind.

Dana said he'd love to do Colby vs Chimaev on the ABC card later this year. 

This thread is just littered MMA math and biased remarks based off hate and not skill.

Outside of Usman, Colby hasnt been floored by anyone, but hes a Trump supporting prick so let's calculate the MMA math and say hes gonna steamrolled. I believe it when I see it. 

Then you got Petr Yan who is Russian, so let's hate Russians and just assume hes gonna get steamrolled as well and calculate some more MMA math to justify the comment lol

Cant say I missed this thread lol

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This thread is just littered MMA math and biased remarks based off hate and not skill.

Outside of Usman, Colby hasnt been floored by anyone, but hes a Trump supporting prick so let's calculate the MMA math and say hes gonna steamrolled. I believe it when I see it. 

Then you got Petr Yan who is Russian, so let's hate Russians and just assume hes gonna get steamrolled as well and calculate some more MMA math to justify the comment lol

Cant say I missed this thread lol

you-can-see-your-way-out-lilly.gif

21 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Chimaev has a noticeable size advantage on Colby and seems to have pretty top tier grappling defense. If he can keep it up do you expect him to win the fight on the feet? Curious question.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chimaev has a noticeable size advantage on Colby and seems to have pretty top tier grappling defense. If he can keep it up do you expect him to win the fight on the feet? Curious question.

He'll fight Chimaev the same way he fought Usman. Except Usman is a far better technical striker and has more power imo then Chimaev?

If Chimaev/Colby fight.. The knowledgeable fans will tell you it'll be a close fight. Vegas will probably have then as a coin flip odds wise.The Colby haters will say he doesnt have a chance while giving you biased list of reasons. If you scroll back, you'll get the reasons 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He'll fight Chimaev the same way he fought Usman. Except Usman is a far better technical striker and has more power imo then Chimaev?

If Chimaev/Colby fight.. The knowledgeable fans will tell you it'll be a close fight. Vegas will probably have then as a coin flip odds wise.The Colby haters will say he doesnt have a chance while giving you biased list of reasons. If you scroll back, you'll get the reasons 

Yeah I personally wasn't that impressed by Chimaev on Saturday. But Chimaev is an absolute monster at 170 in terms of his sheer size. 

I agree that it'd be a very fun matchup, Chimaev didn't seem to want to have any parts grappling with Burns. Although I don't think Colby's submission game is top tier so he may actually try to sub Colby. Would be a fun fight for sure though, I don't think Chimaev has the tank to go 5 rounds at Colby's pace. 

20 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Haha you wanna find the unkowledgeable fans?

Make a accurate post calling out their biased opinions and see who takes the bait ?

Big Poppa Chump is hater #1

Hater?  You realize you are talking to the pick em champ.  Where did you end up Mr. Unbiased?  LOL

Everyone has fighters they like and don't like.  Sometimes that plays into who they think wins and loses.  I find that most of the dudes on here are pretty knowledgeable about the fight game.  I also notice that a decent amount like to throw some cash on these fights, and would think an unbiased approach is probably the way to go.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know that I have guys I root for,  and guys I can't stand.  It really doesn't apply to how I think fights will play out!!!!

It didn't matter that Yan is Russian.  I still thought he would win big...he didn't.

I thought Chimaev would win....he did

I hate Colby (and Masvidal too) but picked Colby to win

The odds probably would be fairly even between Chimaev and Colby, but I see more ways of Chimaev winning that fight!!!