The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea those kicks up the middle are nasty. After the Rozenstruik and Volkov wins i feel like he got dumped on for being safe but he’s taken it to Lewis-Ngannou-Tai

i mean he turned one of if not the nastiest power striker in HW history into a wrestler

Yup, people forget he was one nasty Francis sweep away from being an undefeated champ. More people talk about Gane losing than Francis earning the win. 

I would really be curious about Gane-Bones. Everyone will say if Francis could outwrestle him, Bones will put on a clinic, but it's clear Gane wasn't expecting Francis to wrestle. I feel like he'd have a different gameplan going into a Bones fight and he has a really high fight IQ. 

26 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Yup, people forget he was one nasty Francis sweep away from being an undefeated champ. More people talk about Gane losing than Francis earning the win. 

I would really be curious about Gane-Bones. Everyone will say if Francis could outwrestle him, Bones will put on a clinic, but it's clear Gane wasn't expecting Francis to wrestle. I feel like he'd have a different gameplan going into a Bones fight and he has a really high fight IQ. 

True, I am still curious what weight Bones fights at and if his cardio translates if he is planning on a wrestle-heavy approach vs some guys

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

it'll be a lot of fun though for sure. I was going to say you won't need round 4/5 but then again I thought Gaethje/Chandler would be a finish too

I actually hope the make the Gaethje/Fiziev fight. I think that’ll be another banger.  

The closer it gets the more excited I am for this card. 

25 minutes ago, Squanchy said:

I actually hope the make the Gaethje/Fiziev fight. I think that’ll be another banger.  

The closer it gets the more excited I am for this card. 

its a weird PPV because the result everyone kind of expects and has no bearing on the division unless Chimaev actually loses. as for the rest of the card im not sure it means much. I'm rooting for Tony but idk. Walker/Ion should be fun and Holland/DRod too

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

its a weird PPV because the result everyone kind of expects and has no bearing on the division unless Chimaev actually loses. as for the rest of the card im not sure it means much. I'm rooting for Tony but idk. Walker/Ion should be fun and Holland/DRod too

I’m a big fan of Khamzat, Nate, Tony and Holland.  It’s not crazy loaded obviously but I think it’ll be a fun night of fights.