The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Thought Jiri would wrestle way more. Think Alex baited him letting him think he was getting off on the striking

I think Jiri did crack him, but also Alex is strong as a bull and you saw him just buck off that attempted takedown from the clinch. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

So if Pereira wins the only 2 division champion combo to not have been achieved in the UFC will be Featherweight & Bantamweight, correct?

Heavyweight & Light Heavyweight: Randy Couture, Daniel Cormier, Jon Jones

Light Heavyweight & Middleweight: X

Middleweight & Welterweight: Georges St. Pierre

Welterweight & Lightweight: BJ Penn

Lightweight & Featherweight: Conor McGregor

Featherweight & Bantamweight: X

Bantamweight & Flyweight: Henry Cejudo

With Pereira's win it's now official, the only double champ combo that hasn't been achieved yet is Bantamweight & Featherweight.

Pereira would've been so sick to have around during the golden era at 205. Jones, Liddell, Griffin, Rampage, Silva, Couture, Shogun, Machida, Evans, etc. He's just a fun fighter.

Pereira also steps into that rare Conor McGregor territory now where he likely has the popularity and history to possibly get a title shot in a 3rd division and go for the first ever Triple Crown in the UFC. 

23 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Sugar Sean knocks out Topuria late next year 

Sean has talked about that fight before, how that could be the biggest small division fight in the coming years.

I'm not fully bought into Sean as a world class talent yet, but I'm all for the biggest fights being made. 

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Dern has the talent to be champ but always comes in with the gameplan to keep it standing. I don't get it. 

Like if you want to take the first round slow so your opponent starts taking her focus off of it fine, but she can't be getting into firefights with girls like Andrade. Her corner kept telling her to come forward which made no sense to me. Wouldn't you want Andrade coming forward so you can switch levels? Dern moving forward was always going to open her up to a counter with the way she strikes. I feel like she really needs a change in coaching.

Yea I dont understand how she hasnt developed a better takedown. She is so frustrating to bet on

• Like 1