The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree the wrestling makes his boxing look better

Good chance we get to see a lot of his stand up game against Arman Tsarukyan. That classic wrestler vs wrestler so it turns into a striking showcase situation.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Good chance we get to see a lot of his stand up game against Arman Tsarukyan. That classic wrestler vs wrestler so it turns into a striking showcase situation.

It’s possible but Gamrot did take Armen down 6x…so Islam still might hold that advantage 

23 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Izzy should fight Imavov now instead of getting another title rematch off a loss. 

UFC 305 

DDP vs Strickland 2

Alexander Volkanovski vs Charles Oliveira 5 Round

Izzy vs Imavov

Eh i mean Izzy was champ for A WHILE, im fine him getting a crack

Only chance Volk goes to LW is to stay there and he wont get a 3rd fight with Islam anytime soon

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Eh i mean Izzy was champ for A WHILE, im fine him getting a crack

This logic was already applied once, that's why he got the immediate rematch vs Pereira. Dude got humiliated by Sean Strickland and now gets another immediate title shot. I mean there's potentially a scenario where we have Strickland who arguably never should've lost the belt and already beat another contender in Costa, challenging Izzy(a guy he dominated) again for the belt- it doesn't get much dumber than that. 

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Only chance Volk goes to LW is to stay there and he wont get a 3rd fight with Islam anytime soon

Volk himself brought it up, said he wouldn't mind taking a fight at 155 while he waits for Topuria and Holloway to sort it out. He likes to stay active and it would be an easier weight cut for him as he waits for Topuria to be available. Volk mentioned Poirier specifically but with his possible retirement and injuries from the Islam fight I think someone else makes more sense. 

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This logic was already applied once, that's why he got the immediate rematch vs Pereira. Dude got humiliated by Sean Strickland and now gets another immediate title shot. I mean there's potentially a scenario where we have Strickland who arguably never should've lost the belt and already beat another contender in Costa, challenging Izzy(a guy he dominated) again for the belt- it doesn't get much dumber than that. 

Volk himself brought it up, said he wouldn't mind taking a fight at 155 while he waits for Topuria and Holloway to sort it out. He likes to stay active and it would be an easier weight cut for him as he waits for Topuria to be available. Volk mentioned Poirier specifically but with his possible retirement and injuries from the Islam fight I think someone else makes more sense. 

Contender in Costa is a stretch...he is 1-4 in his last 5 and the win was vs Luke freakin Rockhold

There is no way the UFC passes up a 2nd opportunity to book the African rivalry

I'm fine with Volk taking that fight if it means Ilia/Max is next.