The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Marvin is tired. Kevin has a chance here in the last 3 rds

Nope.

realistically Holland wasn’t going to fix his issues in a month, but man, his defensive wrestling is awful. If you can walk through the fire standing, all you have to do is be an even average wrestler and you’ll get him down.

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Kevin Hollands shine has been taken off quite a bit

You can look at it that way, but look at the ufc rankings. Id say he has a very good chance against at least half of them if not more. He needs to work on his wrestling defense, easier said then done but that is such a glaring weakness that, as crazy it seems, people underrate him at this point because of that defiency. 

18 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

You can look at it that way, but look at the ufc rankings. Id say he has a very good chance against at least half of them if not more. He needs to work on his wrestling defense, easier said then done but that is such a glaring weakness that, as crazy it seems, people underrate him at this point because of that defiency. 

Shouldn't they underrate him because of such an obvious deficiency though? Yea there are plenty of guys at MW he can beat, so long as they are strikers. Him vs Till would be alot of fun, not threat of a TD there

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shouldn't they underrate him because of such an obvious deficiency though? Yea there are plenty of guys at MW he can beat, so long as they are strikers. Him vs Till would be alot of fun, not threat of a TD there

Absolutely, I’m just saying he isn’t an awful fighter. Whitaker, till, cannonier are all going to keep it on the feet most likely and I don’t think any of those guys outclass him.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Absolutely, I’m just saying he isn’t an awful fighter. Whitaker, till, cannonier are all going to keep it on the feet most likely and I don’t think any of those guys outclass him.

They might beat him but at the very least its a great fight to see. I wonder what the UFC does with Holland. Cant imagine they give him anything but a pure striker

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Only chance he loses is if he believes his strides in the striking department(and they are much improved) make him want to fight Jorge any different than the last time. 

Agreed. Burns was able to catch Usman with some big shots and wobble him but Usman came into that fight prepared to keep it standing, he didn't want to grapple with Burns who has legit submission skills. 

One thing that I admire about Usman is that he has a very well rounded game and high fight IQ. Against guys like Burns he made the fight into a kickboxing match because he didn't want to wrestle/grapple with them. But against guys like Woodley and Masvidal he used his wrestling and cardio to wear them out and didn't just stand in the pocket trading blows. 

I like Masvidal and think he's entertaining/good for the sport but he has definitely become very overrated. People act as though he's some sort of power puncher / finisher when he only has 5 KO's in 19 UFC appearances. And those KO's came against Ben Askren (perfectly timed flying knee), Darren Till who is also pretty overrated and was coming off of a bad weight cut, Donald Cerrone who was older and really a LW fighting at WW, Jake Ellenberger who has been KO'd in 5/7 fights, and Cezar Ferreira who had been KO'd in 2/3 fights leading up to his bout with Masvidal. 

Even if Usman stands and trades with him more this time I don't see Masvidal KOing him. And ultimately I think the fight goes pretty similar to how the last fight went. Usman will take him down early and often, put him up against the cage, wear him out, and either finish him in round 4/5 or win a dominant decision. Masvidal has only gone 5 rounds twice in his career and lost both fights. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 4/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Kevin Hollands shine has been taken off quite a bit

He needs to take some time off and work exclusively on his wrestling and TDD. I know that he wants to be a guy who is viewed as someone that will fight anyone, anywhere, at anytime. But man he has gotten absolutely rag dolled in his last two fights. In his 13 UFC bouts he has been taken down 36 times, lol. 

Connor saying the fights off after Dustin put him on blast for not following through with his donation to DP's charity. Lol

Connor is a piece of crap, but if the fight us truly off, Dustin screwed himself and should've kept his mouth shut until after the trilogy. Passed over the title shot to fight Mcgregor, and now probably won't get that. Mcgregor has F you money and doesn't need to fight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He needs to take some time off and work exclusively on his wrestling and TDD. I know that he wants to be a guy who is viewed as someone that will fight anyone, anywhere, at anytime. But man he has gotten absolutely rag dolled in his last two fights. In his 13 UFC bouts he has been taken down 36 times, lol. 

Yeah he needs to take time off, potentially change gyms, and I think seriously consider the drop to WW. He is a really small MW. He was legitimately giving up 15-20 pounds to both Brunson and Vettori, yet he still briefly managed to hurt both of them.

He is super dangerous on the feet, just needs serious TDD refinement and more discipline overall. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303