The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

I damn near forgot about this whole saga that happened between Shevchenko and Nunes...

UFC Bantamweight title fight[edit]

Shevchenko was expected to rematch the current women's bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes on July 8, 2017, at UFC 213, but on the day of the fight Nunes fell ill and pulled out of the fight. The doctors cleared Nunes to fight, but she didn't feel up to it, so the fight was called off.[40] Joanna Jędrzejczyk offered to replace Nunes, but the Nevada State Athletic Commission could not clear her on such short notice.[41]

The rematch against Nunes was rescheduled to UFC 215 on September 9, 2017, in Edmonton, Alberta. After a very close back-and-forth fight, Shevchenko lost the fight via split decision. In the post-fight press conference, she voiced her disagreement with the judges' decision but also said she respected the outcome.[42] Out of 22 media outlets, 10 scored it for Nunes, 10 for Shevchenko, and 2 scored it a draw

Forgot that Nunes pulled out day of despite being given the green light and then the razor close fight these two had. Dana expressed no interest in doing a 3rd fight but said if they both came to him about it, they'd do it. Methinks Amanda isn't going to rush to do this again.

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Knuckles wasn't going to be ready by June 12th. Just went 5 rounds last week, had to quarantine for 2 weeks when he got back home so he wouldn't be able to start training until May 1st. Probably wanted some time off too so he'll get the winner in the Fall most likely.

Unless Izzy loses...bc you know damn well he’ll get a rematch

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If this fight doesnt make Usman a star nothing will and the fans are foolish for not embracing him if they dont. 

I’m not some stan or anything but he just won me over with these last 2. TW has turned him into a very good striker. He is the total package. 

Him vs Khabib at 170 would've been great. He against Bobby Knuckles at 185 would be great too. Usman would be a load at 185 I bet too.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Him vs Khabib at 170 would've been great. He against Bobby Knuckles at 185 would be great too. Usman would be a load at 185 I bet too.

If Khabib was still around sure, but even then it would depend on when. Usman's striking has come a long way since the Colby/Masvidal-1 fight. If Khabib got him around then he would've lost. 

I think 185 is too much

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303