The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

9 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm not lying lol. You're acting like a clown.

he landed more strikes and took down Khabib when Khabib didn't take him down once. Doesn't make any sense. 

actually wouldn't mind Chimaev vs Usman. But DC constantly sucking off Makhachev is embarrassing. Even other fighters call him out for it all the time. Before Khabib how many were there that were big time and well known? Volkov? Give me a break. You've got no clue what you're talking about. 

he's not better than Jon, George, or DJ. The top 3 goats 

Go wash your mouth out after spewing that garbage.

You just proved my point lololololololo.....but but....I only don't like the Russian fighters cuz DC...lolololol

In the meantime...you been cryin bout Khabib since wayyyyyyyyy back!!!!!!

When you have a 0 in the loss column....that's gives you GOAT privilege

love George but he got starched

DJ lost to Cejudo...lol

and Jon...well...if we are being petty...he has a loss via DQ to Hamlin, besides being a roid taking sc.mbag

Edited by big poppa pump

15 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

You just proved my point lololololololo.....but but....I only don't like the Russian fighters cuz DC...lolololol

In the meantime...you been cryin bout Khabib since wayyyyyyyyy back!!!!!!

When you have a 0 in the loss column....that's gives you GOAT privilege

love George but he got starched

DJ lost to Cejudo...lol

and Jon...well...if we are being petty...he has a loss via DQ to Hamlin, besides being a roid taking sc.mbag

DC had made it unbearable. 

DJ was screwed over by the judges too. 

Undefeated isn't everything when the first 24 out of 29 fights are Joe Schmos. 

Hate on Jon all you want. He went through a murderers row and even the couple times he was caught using steroids I find it funny that all of his opponents were still noticeably bigger than him.

I bet you think that Muhammad Ali and Joe Frasier and George Foreman were bums because they weren't undefeated.

For like his first 20-23 fights Khabib fought bums.

Khabib defended the belt 3 times and fought once every year and a half.

All the guys I listed have double digit defenses for the title.

But sure continue to parade about in your blonde afro hat, your eagle shirt, and red shorts yelling smesh at the top of your lungs.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hate on Jon all you want. He went through a murderers row and even the couple times he was caught using steroids I find it funny that all of his opponents were still noticeably bigger than him.

He has 2 signature opponents in DC and Gus.  You call that murders row? And Roid Boy Jones is the king of getting close, sketchy decisions.

All the guys I listed have double digit defenses for the title

Mcgregor, Gathje, Porier...nuff said   Ur boy Chucky Olives woulda been another victim...but keep hopin

I bet you think that Muhammad Ali and Joe Frasier and George Foreman were bums because they weren't undefeated.

No...but are they considered the best ever?  I would guess most people would put Mayweather (go figure undefeated) as the GOAT.

But sure continue to parade about in your blonde afro hat, your eagle shirt, and red shorts yelling smesh at the top of your lungs.

Keep rootin for ur boy Conor, and Jon.  I'm guessin you have plenty in common with those two!  (besides being able to fight)

Edited by big poppa pump

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

He has 2 signature opponents in DC and Gus.  You call that murders row? And Roid Boy Jones is the king of getting close, sketchy decisions.

Mcgregor, Gathje, Porier...nuff said   Ur boy Chucky Olives woulda been another victim...but keep hopin

No...but are they considered the best ever?  I would guess most people would put Mayweather (go figure undefeated) as the GOAT.

Keep rootin for ur boy Conor, and Jon.  I'm guessin you have plenty in common with those two!  (besides being able to fight)

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart. I don't think Conor beats anyone in the top 5 at 155 or 170 but if it makes you feel better. 

Chucky Olives would have the best chance against Khabib over anyone else at 155. Does he beat him? Maybe. Maybe not. But his chances are the best.

you must've started watching MMA in 2018 so I'll just stop while you're behind. If you think DC and Gus are the only good fighters Jon has beat, you're not worth the time.

the whole steroid thing makes me laugh. Jeremy Stephens were to take a bunch of roids and fight Max or Volk, he probably would still get destroyed.

off the top of my head, Jon beat all these guys in his early 20s while they were still in their prime- Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, prime Vitor Belfort,Rashad, Machida, etc. you can look them up since you probably don't know any of them since you started watching 3 years ago.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

31 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night sweetheart. I don't think Conor beats anyone in the top 5 at 155 or 170 but if it makes you feel better. 

Chucky Olives would have the best chance against Khabib over anyone else at 155. Does he beat him? Maybe. Maybe not. But his chances are the best.

you must've started watching MMA in 2018 so I'll just stop while you're behind. If you think DC and Gus are the only good fighters Jon has beat, you're not worth the time.

the whole steroid thing makes me laugh. Jeremy Stephens were to take a bunch of roids and fight Max or Volk, he probably would still get destroyed.

off the top of my head, Jon beat all these guys in his early 20s while they were still in their prime- Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, prime Vitor Belfort,Rashad, Machida, etc. you can look them up since you probably don't know any of them since you started watching 3 years ago.

Been watching since ufc 1 lil man.  In their prime huh?  Here are their records post Jon Jones fight

Belfort 5-4

Machida 9-8

Shogun 8-7-1

Rampage 6-5

Rashad 2-6

Studs I tell ya….lololololol

5 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Been watching since ufc 1 lil man.  In their prime huh?  Here are their records post Jon Jones fight

Belfort 5-4

Machida 9-8

Shogun 8-7-1

Rampage 6-5

Rashad 2-6

Studs I tell ya….lololololol

I’m not a Jones fan by any stretch but taking the full list of fights(between 8 & 17) means you’re pulling a sample spanning likely 4-8 years which would probably push them outside their prime:

Belfort won 3 in a row, title shot and lost to Weidman

Machida won 2, lost to Phil Davis won 2 more(including Mousasi) then lost to Weidman

Shogun and Rampage definitely didn’t appear to be in their prime after the Jones fight

i never thought Rashad was that good to begin with

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m not a Jones fan by any stretch but taking the full list of fights(between 8 & 17) means you’re pulling a sample spanning likely 4-8 years which would probably push them outside their prime:

Belfort won 3 in a row, title shot and lost to Weidman

Machida won 2, lost to Phil Davis won 2 more(including Mousasi) then lost to Weidman

Shogun and Rampage definitely didn’t appear to be in their prime after the Jones fight

i never thought Rashad was that good to begin with

Obviously most of them lost fights at the end of their careers by hanging on too long.  My point was that none of them achieved anything significant after they fought Jones. (outside of Belfort getting and losing a title shot)

You really can't determine who the GOAT is in MMA tbqh. Certain guys are GOATs for what they did for the sport. Guys like Liddell, Ortiz, GSP and Silva brought the sport out of the ashes. Jones and Khabib (and Usman) are the dominant champions of the new era(s) and then you have Conor McGregor who brought the sport into a new stratosphere due to his persona and style.

You flat out just can't compare and every resume gets shredded in time. We're all going to have our guys and my GOAT will always be Anderson Silva regardless of how Father Time took him down. There's really no right or wrong answer tbqh.

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You really can't determine who the GOAT is in MMA tbqh. Certain guys are GOATs for what they did for the sport. Guys like Liddell, Ortiz, GSP and Silva brought the sport out of the ashes. Jones and Khabib (and Usman) are the dominant champions of the new era(s) and then you have Conor McGregor who brought the sport into a new stratosphere due to his persona and style.

You flat out just can't compare and every resume gets shredded in time. We're all going to have our guys and my GOAT will always be Anderson Silva regardless of how Father Time took him down. There's really no right or wrong answer tbqh.

Agreed. Conor definitely isn't the "GOAT" from a pure fighting perspective but he elevated MMA into a completely new realm of popularity. The only other athlete that has done something similar is probably Michael Jordan. I'd personally consider Jon Jones/Khabib the GOAT's inside the octagon just because they dominated throughout their careers and never really had fights that were that close. Usman certainly could have an argument very soon though, dude is a monster. 

On 11/15/2021 at 3:39 AM, big poppa pump said:

That ain't the reason.....you just mad cuz you're a Conor fanboy, and Khabib took his soul.  Now you hate all the Russian dudes, and pick against them all the time.  You might get lucky.....eventually just about everyone loses (except for Khabib)  It might be a minute before Machachev and Chimaev lose, and they certainly both look like they have belts in their future!

Islam certainly looks to be championship level. Chimaev has to do it against top guys before I'm ready to buy into the hype. 

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Islam certainly looks to be championship level. Chimaev has to do it against top guys before I'm ready to buy into the hype. 

I completely agree with this!  He also will eventually have to beat the pound for pound best fighter in the world to claim a championship in the near future (Usman).  That will not be some easy task.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303