The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

Can't get over how awkward that interview with Francis and Fury was. 

With Francis being out for surgery and then going right into the boxing match, Dana has to strip him right? There are too many contenders in that division right now to just have an interim champ for that long, and Francis won't be fighting for a while. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Can't get over how awkward that interview with Francis and Fury was. 

With Francis being out for surgery and then going right into the boxing match, Dana has to strip him right? There are too many contenders in that division right now to just have an interim champ for that long, and Francis won't be fighting for a while. 

This is how I feel. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Francis actually fights Tyson that he never fights mma ever again and just retires.

23 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

This is how I feel. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Francis actually fights Tyson that he never fights mma ever again and just retires.

Yeah I just can't imagine having Gane, Stipe, Bones, Aspinall, Tuivasa, Blaydes, eventually Romanov all beating each other up for however long it takes for Francis to get back, especially if like you said there's a real possibility he never even comes back. The HW title is the biggest in the promotion and can't just sit on the shelf. 

22 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

There are rumblings of Aldo being offered the Sterling fight. Gotta take Aldo if his takedown defense is still what it was. Aldo smokes Sterling on the feet. Then hopefully Cruz beats Henry again and we get a WEC classic 

Cruz shouldn’t sniff a title shot but he isn’t getting by Henry

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Font vs Chito was a great example of a fighter being out struck and still whooping the other guys ***

I don't think he "whooped his ***" I think he landed perfectly timed shots and stole rounds. They fight again, Font beats him.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Can't agree with that last bit at all

Font landed over 100 more significant strikes lol. He was winning every round until Chito stole them by dropping him with shots. That's not a formula you can count on at all.

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Font landed over 100 more significant strikes lol. He was winning every round until Chito stole them by dropping him with shots. That's not a formula you can count on at all.

Doesn't matter when one guy looks like he was in a war and the other doesn't "look" like he was touched. Fonts' got pillow hands. And if he chito had a different referee, they probably would've stopped the fight when chito was giving him gnp. Herzog did a good job and I wouldn't have stopped it, but most of the other refs might've stopped it because when Font hit the ground, he was getting pounded trying to reach for a leg.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Doesn't matter when one guy looks like he was in a war and the other doesn't "look" like he was touched. Fonts' got pillow hands. And if he chito had a different referee, they probably would've stopped the fight when chito was giving him gnp. Herzog did a good job and I wouldn't have stopped it, but most of the other refs might've stopped it because when Font hit the ground, he was getting pounded trying to reach for a leg.

It does matter because without the drops, he loses 5-0 or 4-1. He stole 3 rounds on late landing shots. Doesn't matter about "pillow hands" or not. Do you not remember the era of Frankie Edgar? lol

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It does matter because without the drops, he loses 5-0 or 4-1. He stole 3 rounds on late landing shots. Doesn't matter about "pillow hands" or not. Do you not remember the era of Frankie Edgar? lol

Ok and who's to say Chito doesn't just cause more damage than Font again with his counter punches and head kicks? 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303