The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

I'm watching a numbered UFC show again for the first time in... five years? Wow. Yeah, the last one I saw in full was 217. This is 281: Adesanya vs Pereira. I chose it because Adesanya lost and there were lots of finishes on the card.

PRELIMS

The undercard is nothing remarkable until the Blanchfield fight. She just tortures McCann here. Molly looks even more helpless on the ground than she did against Gillian Robertson. Erin's a future star.

They're trying to push Ryan Spann as a top 5 guy at LH but he's been finished multiple times, multiple ways. I don't see it.

I never heard of Renato Moicano before but he sounds like a Brazilian McGregor out there. Very entertaining.

MAIN CARD

Dan Hooker just humiliates Claudio Puelles before putting him out of his misery via TKO. That was fun too.

Frankie Edgar was really good once but has hit that stage where he's getting starched in every fight. Chris Gutierrez is his third such loss in a row. Tough way to go out.

I like both Michael Chandler and Dustin Poirier and neither of them disappointed here. What an absolute war. I hope they face each other again.

Carla Esparza as champ? It's the early 2010s again... I wish. Zhang is a more complete fighter, especially on the feet, and catches her early in the second to reclaim the belt.

MAIN EVENT

So where to start with Israel Adesanya? He's talented and... that's it. There is nothing else likeable or even exciting about him, but the commentators drop to their knees and slobber all over him like he's the greatest human to ever wear 4-ounce gloves. (Did you hear them during the Blachowicz fight?) So all I want to see him do is lose.

And I'm about to get my wish in the form of Alex Pereira, who's already beaten him twice. Adesanya was salty enough to trash the guy in an interview, so Pereira decided to follow him to MMA and son him there too.

To give the former champion some credit, he might have won on points before getting nailed in the fifth. Should have stuck to the ground game like in Round 3. I'm officially an Alex Pereira fan now. A good (but not quite great) show at MSG. That's all folks.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Never heard of Moicano? He was one of the next best things at FW before Aldo dispatched him. Was beating Ortega too until a R3 sub. At the very least he’s entertaining 

Yeah, I've been out of the loop for a while. But glad I saw him now. Who's he fighting next?

On 2/27/2023 at 8:27 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bellator has some legit fighters but overall yea its meh. 

Agreed. The "meh" permeates every aspect of what they do. They're like the Burger King to UFC's McDonald's.

As for Jones vs Gane... I don't like Jon Jones. Really really really don't like him. Don't support him. Won't pay to watch his fights. The hit-and-run on the pregnant lady should have been a permanent suspension. But Dana wants that money, so here we freaking go again folks.

I hope Gane starches him in 10 seconds.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Agreed. The "meh" permeates every aspect of what they do. They're like the Burger King to UFC's McDonald's.

As for Jones vs Gane... I don't like Jon Jones. Really really really don't like him. Don't support him. Won't pay to watch his fights. The hit-and-run on the pregnant lady should have been a permanent suspension. But Dana wants that money, so here we freaking go again folks.

I hope Gane starches him in 10 seconds.

I mean Bellator doesnt give me diarrhea 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303