Kobe Bryant: An Appreciation Of Greatness Thread

the lone star

13 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I remember watching this in high school at my friend's house on mute cause it was going on at like 2am and I didn't want to wake up anybody 

Pretty sure that game was not at 2 am. Maybe when they played Spain earlier, but the championship game wasn't on at that time. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty sure that game was not at 2 am. Maybe when they played Spain earlier, but the championship game wasn't on at that time. 

I think it was this gm. One of the comments in the twitter posts says it was in the middle of the night.

https://beijing2008.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/live-soon-us-vs-spain-for-gold/?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=F2FA5FF6081329E0554D88254175B071&gwt=pay&assetType=REGIWALL

this dude says it started at 2:30am est and ended at 4:30

so maybe it ended like at 2ish on the westcoast depending on daylight savings

Although I am very sad to hear about his passing, the amount of emotional outpouring and respect people are giving him is very fitting. This is the only way it could have been for a guy like him, and I'm glad he has found yet another way to bring the global basketball community together. He's etched some very strong chapters into the forever stone of the NBA, and this one is arguably his greatest feat.

RIP Mamba. We all miss you.