First-Pick Ridiculous Mock Draft -- (Not serious post)

LionArkie

59 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (IND): Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A)
Round 1 Pick 20 (JAX): Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 3: Terrell Lewis, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (JAX): DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 2 Pick 12 (IND): Josh Jones, OT, Houston (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (PHI): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
Round 3 Pick 32 (K.C.): Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (A+)

Round 5 Pick 3: Michael Onwenu, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9 (BUF): Nick Coe, DE, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Kendrick Rogers, WR, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28 (BUF): Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)

I am a big fan of these 3.  I am always trying to land them somehow.

Last one for the day...tried to keep trading back to land Kinlaw and load up on second rounders.

• 1.17 Javon Kinlaw DT, SC
  • 1.26 Xavier McKinney SS/FS, AL
  • 2.3 Zack Baun OLB, WI
  • 2.9 Jaylon Johnson CB, UT
  • 2.14 Cesar Ruiz C/OG, MI
  • 2.19 Jalen Reagor WR, TCU
  • 3.3 JK Dobbins RB, OSU
  • 3.10 Leki Fotu DT, Utah
  • 3.31 Kyle Dugger FS/SS Lenoir-Rhyne
  • 4.3 Jalen Hurts QB, OK
  • 5.3 Qartney Davis WR, Texas A&M
  • 5.26 Patrick Johnson DE/OLB, Tulane
  • 6.3 Jordan Fuller FS/SS, OSU

45 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I am a big fan of these 3.  I am always trying to land them somehow.

I am in the same boat with Fotu. I don't see a way that DPJ is available in round 4 but crazier things have happened. Dugger and Chinn are guys that could fill that same role. There's a lot of versatility with both of those guys based on size and athleticism. 

• Like 1

Got my highest score yet, and one I would be pretty excited about.  Chase was there so I didn't trade down, then kept moving back in round 2 and 3 to collect a lot of 3 and 4 round picks. Another huge haul in quantity, but again gives room for flops. Also our defense would become known as the Detroit Buckeyes. 

Your score is: 44971 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (LAR): DAndre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 24 (N.O.): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (N.E.): Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 3 Pick 35 (NYG): Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 40 (LAR): Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYG): Michael Pinckney, OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CAR): KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (JAX): Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24 (N.O.): Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: Lavert Hill, CB, Michigan (A+)
Round 5 Pick 23 (N.O.): Sean Pollard, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Jonathan Garvin, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
Round 6 Pick 4 (NYG): Pete Werner, OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16 (N.E.): Raequan Williams, DT, Michigan State (A+)

• Like 1

44971 - the best I've done is 4100+.  Awesome job.  I'd be ecstatic with Young, Swift, Dugger, DPJ and Hamilton.  Lavert Hill is one of those on the fence guys for me.  I like him, but he's short. 5'11.  I'm always looking at guys that are like 6'1"+.  But i think he has great talent and since you have a 104 draft picks I'm okay with it, lol.

4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

44971 - the best I've done is 4100+.  Awesome job.  I'd be ecstatic with Young, Swift, Dugger, DPJ and Hamilton.  Lavert Hill is one of those on the fence guys for me.  I like him, but he's short. 5'11.  I'm always looking at guys that are like 6'1"+.  But i think he has great talent and since you have a 104 draft picks I'm okay with it, lol.

Yeah, I was excited to see the score.  I know that goes by number of picks and A+ picks so as i kept getting more picks (often traded down 2 spots for an extra pick in the next round) I thought I had a chance for a good score.  that actually made top 15 on their score board.  

And I agree on Hill.  I am not sold on him but for a 5th rd CB I would take the risk, also because half the roster would be coming from this draft.  

• Like 2

Score: 42,883

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 3: Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (ATL): Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18 (DAL): Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3: Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (ATL): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20 (PHI): Nick Coe, DE, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (DAL): Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Sean Pollard, OG, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11 (PHI): Drew Richmond, OT, USC (A+)

• Like 2

I want to ask a question about Jonathan Taylor.  Does anybody worry about his fumbles or am I the only one?  I don't even want to look at him before the 4th because of this and I'd put him below Dobbins, Moss, and Swift.  This has nothing to do with your draft, I'm just interested in what others think.

4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I want to ask a question about Jonathan Taylor.  Does anybody worry about his fumbles or am I the only one?  I don't even want to look at him before the 4th because of this and I'd put him below Dobbins, Moss, and Swift.  This has nothing to do with your draft, I'm just interested in what others think.

This is purely a guess, so if anyone has better information than I do.. please feel free to chime in. 

Ameer Abdullah had those issues coming into the draft. He has 8 5/8 hands, which is small for a RB. We can make the argument on hand size and whether it matters or not. I feel that it does and would have to spend time proving that. Taylor has 9 1/2 hands. So he has nearly hands that are 1 inch bigger, which should allow him to get more on the ball. Because it's not a physical issue, I wonder if it's a technique issue. I'm assuming that this is something he could be trained out of. It's one thing to overcome and adapt to a physical deficiency, it's another to only have to overcome some bad habits. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

He is below them Swift and Dobbins in my rankings, but his still high just because of his size and speed.  I feel like he can work on the fumbles still.  

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Because I can't help myself, I'm watching his tape vs Northwestern (1st game of the year with a fumble). His issue with this one is that he's running in traffic with the ball away from his body. His arm is holding the ball in almost like it's straight and then it gets knocked downwards from the defender. Had he tucked it away then it wouldn't have gone anywhere. 

On a side note, those Wisconsin throwbacks were UGLY. 

Watching the Illinois game, which is the next one he had a fumble in. I am glad that I am not a Wisconsin fan. It looked like a rather abysmal offense outside of JT. You can't really see the fumble in the video but it looks like it's from effort. He had the first down on a 2nd and 3, is up by about 6-7 yards from LOS, is being dragged down by the defender and keeps fighting for yards. The Illinois defense climbs on top of him and then the ball pops out. At this point in the game, it's 23-14 in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes left at Illinois' 17. Ball pops out, Illinois recovers and the next clip is 23-21. That's just bad situational awareness and a player that is trying too hard to do too much. 

Also, JT is not a natural pass catcher. His fumble against Nebraska was a one-handed catch that he didn't secure. He had a couple drops in this game vs Illinois. He can do it and once he has it he's a playmaker in space but he's not always going to come down with it and he's not a guy that you can flex out as a proper WR. 

Edited by Karnage84

And on to Purdue. 

The first fumble is hard to see, it looks like the defender just squared him up and punched it out of his left hand/arm. I don't know if he's right handed or not but that just seemed like a good play from the defender. 

The second fumble was a concentration lapse. It was from a wildcat formation, Taylor gets the handoff on a jet sweep, doesn't secure it and the ball pops out. 

My issue with Abdullah coming out of college was the fumbles and then his size. He already had ball security issues and he came into the league at 5'8 and 205. Mix in the small hands and it was a recipe for disaster. JT has great size (5'10, 226) with ideal hand size (9 1/2). He's a great blend of power and speed. He's a patient runner that is going to get extra yards after contact and has the ability to take a seam and just go for a big play. Anything that you get out of him in the passing game is going to be gravy. He's going to have to develop his skills there. 

Here ya go:

Round 1 Pick 18 (MIA): Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 20 (JAX): Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (B+)
Round 1 Pick 26 (MIA): Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27 (SEA): Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Anfernee Jennings, OLB/DE, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 3: Bradlee Anae, DE/OLB, Utah (A-)
Round 3 Pick 6 (MIA): KJ Hill, WR, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 3: Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 3: Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A+)
Round 6 Pick 3: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)

• Like 2