Just for giggles. Highest paid players in NFL history:

Eli - 2 rings

Peyton - 2 rings

Brees - 1 ring

Brady - 6 rings

Rodgers - 1 ring

Big Ben - 2 rings

Matt Ryan - 1 superbowl appearance that he should of won

Isnt that weird? Highly paid QBs go to superbowls. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

3 to 5? I'd say there's more then that. Some of these guys were derailed by injuries or piss poor coaching. People here say we lucked into Dak, you can just as easily say he lucked into us. What do you think Robert Griffen could have done if not for his horrific injury? He was already off to an outstanding start to his career and was on the Redskins of all places. 

I mean, that Shanahan scheme was perfectly suited to him and then he was exposed pretty quickly after. It was pretty clear from actually watching him in 2012 that he wasn't being asked to make particularly difficult reads or throws. I absolutely wouldn't take Garoppolo over Dak either

You could say similar things about Dak's rookie year. Difference is he actually held the job, endured some rough patches and grew into a more sophisticated QB than he was as a rookie. As franchise QBs do, as RG3 didn't.

And as for piss poor coaching... I mean.... Jason Garrett probably should've never been a head coach in the NFL, and certainly not for 9.5 years. We can all admit this now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

3 to 5? I'd say there's more then that. Some of these guys were derailed by injuries or piss poor coaching. People here say we lucked into Dak, you can just as easily say he lucked into us. What do you think Robert Griffen could have done if not for his horrific injury? He was already off to an outstanding start to his career and was on the Redskins of all places. 

RG3 busted because:

1. He had a terrible attitude and fought with his coaches.

2. He could not read a defense to save his life. Remember that meme of him having 4 wide open WRs and he took a sack?

3. He decided he would no long run RPO's and that was the only thing he was good at.

His injury healed and he still cant land a starting job.

And for the record - I loved RG3 in college and as a prospect.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well thats wrong. In 2011 Tom Brady signed the biggest contract with the most GTD money in NFL history.

Also, restructures are just ways of managing the cap hits. We did the same thing Romo and will do it with Dak.

Nope never. Not once has ever ever been the highest paid QB. Look it up, I remember that contract and it was 2010 he signed it but he was never the top paid. He was outdone by Eli that year and I think another QB. Then was out done by Peyton after that and Rodgers after that. He actually took a massive pay cut in 2012 I think and dropped his YTD by like 6 million i think. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Nope never. Not once has ever ever been the highest paid QB. Look it up, I remember that contract and it was 2010 he signed it but he was never the top paid. He was outdone by Eli that year and I think another QB. Then was out done by Peyton after that and Rodgers after that. He actually took a massive pay cut in 2012 I think and dropped his YTD by like 6 million i think. 

What was Tom Brady's biggest contract?
Deal: 4-year, $72M extension

The four years and $72M were for the 2011 through 2014 seasons and it had a record amount of guaranteed money and was the biggest contract in NFL history (briefly).

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/tom-bradys-patriots-contracts-through-years

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I could probably even add a little more names to the list who have never been surrounded with as much offensive talent as Dak has had. Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater and possibly Marcus Mariota. They all have arm talent but never had they had the oline, RBs nor wideouts that surround Dak. And everyone knows once you fail once in the NFL you hardly ever get another fair chance unless your name is Sam Bradford.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
What was Tom Brady's biggest contract?
Deal: 4-year, $72M extension

The four years and $72M were for the 2011 through 2014 seasons and it had a record amount of guaranteed money and was the biggest contract in NFL history (briefly).

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/tom-bradys-patriots-contracts-through-years

Matt's since you're such a numbers guy, why don't you post the highest paid QBs for 2011. Go ahead. Or try 2012, 2013, or really any year for that matter. Tom Brady has never been the highest paid QB regardless of year or contract. 

In 2011 Peyton earned 26M in his contract. Tom earned 19.

13 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I could probably even add a little more names to the list who have never been surrounded with as much offensive talent as Dak has had. Jameis Winston, Teddy Bridgewater and possibly Marcus Mariota. They all have arm talent but never had they had the oline, RBs nor wideouts that surround Dak. And everyone knows once you fail once in the NFL you hardly ever get another fair chance unless your name is Sam Bradford.

You are trolling now. Almost all of these QBs have had talent near or equal to the Cowboys. Or did you forget our OL was ranked terribly in pass protection for 2 years? That NFL Next Gen rated our WRs *DEAD LAST* in the NFL until we got Cooper? That in the Rams playoff game our OL/RB/Def all choked hard core and Dak was the only one to show up? And our defense has never been elite/really good in the last 4 years?

Winston has Evans, Goodwin, OJ Howard

Mayfield has OBJ/Landry/Njoku/like 3 starting RBs

Luck had a stacked offense. A better OL than ours, better WRs and a great running game. 

Mariota had the #1 RB last year, highly drafted weapons and a great OL

RG3 had a ton of weapons and an offensive genius coach

Mahomes has the most talented offense in the NFL coached by Reid for 2 years. 

Wentz had an offense so good, his back up put a 40 burger in the superbowl against the Pats

Bridgewater had a talented vikes team and a super talented saints team

Wilson is a demigod, so you got a point on that one. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Matt's since you're such a numbers guy, why don't you post the highest paid QBs for 2011. Go ahead. Or try 2012, 2013, or really any year for that matter. Tom Brady has never been the highest paid QB regardless of year or contract. 

In 2011 Peyton earned 26M in his contract. Tom earned 19.

Peyton/Eli signed signed 6/7 year contracts with bigger signing bonus right after. That doesnt change what I said. Tom Brady signed the biggest contract in history at the time. Just like:

Rogers did

Then Wentz did

Then Goff did

Then Wilson did

All last year.

And guess what?

then Dak will

Then Watson will

Then Pat will

Then Lamar will

all in the next ~12 months

Thats the NFL works...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Peyton/Eli signed signed 6/7 year contracts with bigger signing bonus right after. That doesnt change what I said. Tom Brady signed the biggest contract in history at the time. Just like:

Rogers did

Then Wentz did

Then Goff did

Then Wilson did

All last year.

And guess what?

then Dak will

Then Watson will

Then Pat will

Then Lamar will

all in the next ~12 months

Thats the NFL works...

Jesus christ Matt's how many straws do you intend to grasp at? Yes it does. Even out of that 4 year contract Brady only earned a little over 80% of that contract.

The point has been made and still stands that Brady has always take team friendly deals and still went further to get more talent on the team at the cost his own salary. 

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are trolling now. Almost all of these QBs have had talent near or equal to the Cowboys. Or did you forget our OL was ranked terribly in pass protection for 2 years? That NFL Next Gen rated our WRs *DEAD LAST* in the NFL until we got Cooper? That in the Rams playoff game our OL/RB/Def all choked hard core and Dak was the only one to show up? And our defense has never been elite/really good in the last 4 years?

Only Matt's could consider working with 6 allpro caliber players with a probowler at every position except for LG and No.2 WR as being terrible when defending Dak.

Edited by Calvert28

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus christ Matt's how many straws do you intend to grasp at? Yes it does. Even out of that 4 year contract Brady only earned a little over 80% of that contract.

The point has been made and still stands that Brady has always take team friendly deals and still went further to get more talent on the team at the cost his own salary. 

What straws? Youve said Dak isnt worth being the highest paid in the NFL. He could literally hold that title for a couple months only. Just like Brady. He could literally never have a full year where he earned the most in the NFL.. Just like Brady. 

Its literally the same exact thing. Imagine this:

Dak signs 5 year $175m  - $35m/yr. $100m signing bonus.

Yr 1 salary 5m + $20m signing bonus = $25m cap hit => Goff is @$36m in 2020

Is Dak giving us a discount? And next year the next wave of QBs (Watson/Jackson/Pat) all sign their $40m/yr contracts

So iDak is never paid the most in any year of his contract. EXACTLY LIKE BRADY.

Ill ask again, is that Dak giving us a discount?

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Only Matt's could consider working with 6 allpro caliber players with a probowler at every position except for LG and No.2 WR as being terrible when defending Dak.

Number of all pros in 2017: 1

Number of all pros in 2018: 1 1st team, 1 second team

Number of all pros in 2019: 1

STOP OVER RATING THE PLAYERS. ALL PRO PLAYERS MAKE THE ALL PRO TEAM.

2020: 2 probowl starters (Cooper and zeke as alternatives)

2019: 2 probowl starters (zeke/dak/cooper made it as back ups/alternatives)

2018: 2 probowl starters (witten as an alter)

Remember, alternatives only made it because other people dropped out. So each year Zack Martin and Tyron Smith are the only players to make the probowl team originally. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What straws? Youve said Dak isnt worth being the highest paid in the NFL. He could literally hold that title for a couple months only. Just like Brady. He could literally never have a full year where he earned the most in the NFL.. Just like Brady. 

Its literally the same exact thing. Imagine this:

Dak signs 5 year $175m  - $35m/yr. $100m signing bonus.

Yr 1 salary 5m + $20m signing bonus = $25m cap hit => Goff is @$36m in 2020

Is Dak giving us a discount? And next year the next wave of QBs (Watson/Jackson/Pat) all sign their $40m/yr contracts

So iDak is never paid the most in any year of his contract. EXACTLY LIKE BRADY.

Ill ask again, is that Dak giving us a discount?

If Goff is earning 10M more then Dak? Then sure. Because it was a salary he would have knowledge of and still chose the lesser salary instead of the headline.

Tom Brady multiple times could have done a 30 million dollar a year salary, he could have broken the bank and yet never did, even his own contracts he never received full payment and still helped the team. He'll I remember his very first big contract he elected to take a discount for the Pat's. That was when he already won a SB. 

Keep in mind this is a contract that also came only a year and a half after Bledsoe signed his 10 yr 100m dollar contract with them.