NFL Combine

Doc Draper

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’m with you. Also, it’s rumored that for some reason in FA we are targeted Kenyan Drake, which I don’t really understand bc we have AD, Guice & Love but whatever they want to do I guess.

Yeah drake signing makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Yeah drake signing makes no sense to me.

I’d much rather re-sign CT as our 3rd down/scat/change of pace back then to sign Drake who will be more expensive then CT. Signing Drake just seems like a waste of cap space to me and he and Guice are very similar.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d much rather re-sign CT as our 3rd down/scat/change of pace back then to sign Drake who will be more expensive then CT. Signing Drake just seems like a waste of cap space to me and he and Guice are very similar.

I'd love to keep Thompson as well but his injury history is just as bad as Guice if not worst. 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd live to keep Thompson as well but his injury history is just as bad as Guice if not worst. 

Yes, but my point was cost. Drake will cost nearly twice as much as CT. CT could be re-signed on the cheap, $2 million at the most bc of that injury history. His ability as a receiver out of the backfield is only matched by a few RBs in the NFL.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but my point was cost. Drake will cost nearly twice as much as CT. CT could be re-signed on the cheap, $2 million at the most bc of that injury history. His ability as a receiver out of the backfield is only matched by a few RBs in the NFL.

True and a I agree but that ability makes no difference if he can't be on the field. I have no problem with Guice or Thompson for 2020 but both would have to show they are long term options going forward This Season. 

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

True and a I agree but that ability makes no difference if he can't be on the field. I have no problem with Guice or Thompson for 2020 but both would have to show they are long term options going forward This Season. 

All players are going to have injuries that cost them a few games or limit them in a few games. The key & luck is not to have serious injuries that cost players seasons like when CT broke his leg in 2017 which hurt the second half of our season along w/ Reed’s shoulder separation in Dallas.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Leake is good, but the starting RB @ UMD was McFarland and he’s better, it wasn’t because of Locksley, it was bc McFarland is a better player.

And why are you guessing?

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ff2607f854b1997c22

All you had to do was look up the stats from 2018 and 2019. 

Leake had 427 more yards rushing and 1 more TD last year w/ Locksley as his HC as opposed to Canada in 2018...

It was McFarland (400 less yards but 4 more TDs) who took a drop bc Leake got more carries in 2019 but if I remember correctly he had an ankle or hamstring injury which cost him some time and hampered him.

Both could be better pros then they were at MD bc they’ll have a better blocking OL than what MD had. McFarland could be a sleeper in the pros. Probably a 3rd or 4th round pick but could be a starter.

Whoops. I actually meant McFarland. I was trying to think of his name so googled. Leake was the first that popped up.

Was McFarland that tossed 298yds on OSU. Kid can run hard.

• Like 1

Drake will be more than twice CT. So agree we should keep CT. But we should also be bringing in guys to compete and look to replace him for the long term. Because none of our young RBs have proven reliable or durable.

Later rounds Ive seen a couple guys Id bring in to try out for CTs role.

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Whoops. I actually meant McFarland. I was trying to think of his name so googled. Leake was the first that popped up.

Was McFarland that tossed 298yds on OSU. Kid can run hard.

Yeah, but like I said, I’m almost 100% McFarland had an injury or maybe even two last year which limited him. That’s why Leake had more carries. 

It’s like Delpit, a lot of people overlook the reason why he wasn’t quite as good as he was in 2019, it’s bc he battled a hamstring and high ankle sprain injury. The guy can still play, but a nagging injury will bang you down a peg from great to just good.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Drake will be more than twice CT. So agree we should keep CT. But we should also be bringing in guys to compete and look to replace him for the long term. Because none of our young RBs have proven reliable or durable.

Later rounds Ive seen a couple guys Id bring in to try out for CTs role.

I hear ya, late rounds. And it really makes sense to just draft a RB who’s a 3rd down receiving type late or sign one as an UDFA over CT anyways bc they’ll be cheap and we already have AD, Guice and Love (who could possibly fill CTs role).

Also, I wouldn’t mind bringing Martez Carter back for a workout. I know it’s just the XFL, but he’s been good for LA and a good receiver too. In the game he played and wasn’t injured vs the Defenders he had 3 recs, 41 yds and a TD.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

All players are going to have injuries that cost them a few games or limit them in a few games. The key & luck is not to have serious injuries that cost players seasons like when CT broke his leg in 2017 which hurt the second half of our season along w/ Reed’s shoulder separation in Dallas.

WITH that being said Chase Young can get injured so it makes sense if offered 3 or more 1st round picks to take that deal. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

WITH that being said Chase Young can get injured so it makes sense if offered 3 or more 1st round picks to take that deal. 

You do understand with your logic you're predicting every player we draft or sign gets a serious injury. Using your thought process all 3 of those players will get injured too, so, why even draft anyone? Why take any risk at all?

It’s crazy to think that way, you draft prospects on what they are currently but also on the potential for what they could become to help your team improve, you don’t draft scared.  You can’t have that thought process as a GM/HC, you have to get the best players you can for your team. I’ve said it thousands of times, in this draft, it’s Chase Young. 

Edited by turtle28

You do understand with your logic you're predicting every player we draft or sign gets a serious injury. Using your thought process all 3 of those players will get injured too, so, why even draft anyone? Why take any risk at all?

It’s crazy to think that way, you draft prospects on what they are currently but also on the potential for what they could become to help your team improve, you don’t draft scared.  You can’t have that thought process as a GM/HC, you have to get the best players you can for your team. I’ve said it thousands of times, in this draft, it’s Chase Young. 

You said All player's can get Injured so with that being said I'd prefer to have 3 players oppose to just 1. Young get hurts you lost your one 1st round pick. You draft 3 players their All not likely to be injured at the sametime. 

Thompson is a injury prone player that needs to be replaced or not paid alot knowing he will miss multiple games during the year. Guice I hope ends his injury streak this year. 

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You said All player's can get Injured so with that being said I'd prefer to have 3 players oppose to just 1. Young get hurts you lost your one 1st round pick. You draft 3 players their All not likely to be injured at the sametime. 

Thompson is a injury prone player that needs to be replaced or not paid alot knowing he will miss multiple games during the year. Guice I hope ends his injury streak this year. 

No, I'd take my chance with the best player in the draft. 

I mean, would you have passed on Sean Taylor?

Bc that’s the equivalent to what your thought process is when you say you want to pass on the best prospect in the draft.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, I'd take my chance with the best player in the draft. 

I mean, would you have passed on Sean Taylor?

Bc that’s the equivalent to what your thought process is when you say you want to pass on the best prospect in the draft.

+1.  Sean Taylor w/o the character concerns coming out the draft even.  

• Like 1