GDT Week 3: Cowboys v. Cardinals on MNF

D82

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Honestly I think it has more to do with our opponents than our OL. Weve played some brutal D's out of the gate.

I wouldnt call that Arizona DLine very stout. And their typical look is with Mathieu down near the box. So it isnt like the offense was playing some monster DL with a stacked front like in Denver. Mathieu drops out more often than not, and that line is not the same without Calais Campbell hogging the lanes. 

The O line needs to play better, period. Collins needs to set the edge on the stretch. Green needs to hold up on the attack. Martin and Fredrick need to get back to trusting each other. Tyron needs to put in that work ethic again (look where he is as Dez fights for a TD and Fred and Martin fight to push him in - walking casually, nonchalant, without a care in the world. Doesnt even cslebrate the score. Wheres his fire?!)

I had never seen Tyron get beat like that. I've seen Watt get by him really quick with a speed to power and I saw JPP give early Tyron all he could handle.  But I've never see Tyron get beat by a complete finesse move and barley touch the defender.  Dak gets up and immediately starts talking to Chaz Green as if he expected the breach to be his fault. IdK if there was a certain protection called that I'm unaware of but it sure looked bad on Tyron from the sofa.

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I had never seen Tyron get beat like that. I've seen Watt get by him really quick with a speed to power and I saw JPP give early Tyron all he could handle.  But I've never see Tyron get beat by a complete finesse move and barley touch the defender.  Dak gets up and immediately starts talking to Chaz Green as if he expected the breach to be his fault. IdK if there was a certain protection called that I'm unaware of but it sure looked bad on Tyron from the sofa.

It looked like he guessed wrong. He thought the rusher was going to go outside.

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Like i put in my halftime thoughts thread -

Looked like tyron was anticipating an outside push/power move and set up perfectly for it, and was beat on the swift inside move. He usually is more reactionary than anticipatory. 

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak had 5 incompletions. Like 3 of them were throw aways in this one drive.

The things that pissed me off about Dak were the 3rd-10+ throw to Witten 2yards down field, the ball 5yds downfield to Zeke that was high and behind him (uncatchable) and his inability/refusal to push the ball downfield into tight coverages.  It's like he wants to be a captain check down with all these 5-7yd passes when he is fully capable of stretching the field.

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

The things that pissed me off about Dak were the 3rd-10+ throw to Witten 2yards down field, the ball 5yds downfield to Zeke that was high and behind him (uncatchable) and his inability/refusal to push the ball downfield into tight coverages.  It's like he wants to be a captain check down with all these 5-7yd passes when he is fully capable of stretching the field.

He had 2 deep passes to Butler and 2 more deepish crossing routes to Williams. I felt like he was using all parts of the field. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He had 2 deep passes to Butler and 2 more deepish crossing routes to Williams. I felt like he was using all parts of the field. 

Maybe I'm just pissy about the dump off to Witten - I mean if you're going to throw it 10yds short of the first down marker on 3rd down, atleast give it to Cole or Zeke or Dez and let them try and do something with it.  Love Witten to death, but he's not going to get you those yards 

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Watch all.the big time Qbs closely -

Rodgers, Brees, Brady etc

None of them push the ball into tight coverage when there is an easy check down to be had. You force when its do or die. Not when its 7-7 with 3 quarters left. Thats how you turn it over. Thats how you lose a close game.

Thats what Romo would do and get chewed out by all of you for it.

Dak takes care of the ball and doesnt throw risky throws when there is no need to do so. Take your check down, come up short, play some defense and fight another day. 

Just now, MaddHatter said:

Maybe I'm just pissy about the dump off to Witten - I mean if you're going to throw it 10yds short of the first down marker on 3rd down, atleast give it to Cole or Zeke or Dez and let them try and do something with it.  Love Witten to death, but he's not going to get you those yards 

I mean, get used to it. Dak is not going to lose us the game, its kinda his M.O..Hes going to give up a play to live another day.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:21 PM, Calvert28 said:

Gonna be honest. Depending on what happens in the next few minutes, I may watch this game or just skip it. 

If you have strong opinions about what happened, I'd invite you to read my BtB Fanpost (I'm not writing these days) on the topic.

Archived