2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Is there any strong links or just guessing? Would be brilliant if true!! 

With all these edges getting tagged it’s going to be an uphill battle to get Fowler now. And if we resort to trading for a hugely overrated Judon... I’ll be pissed

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With all these edges getting tagged it’s going to be an uphill battle to get Fowler now. And if we resort to trading for a hugely overrated Judon... I’ll be pissed

Yeah I don’t want Judon (wouldn’t of minded him in FA but defo not trade) 

If we can’t get Fowler or Clowney then I’d rather sign Beasley and resign Jenkins. Then draft a pure pass rusher (could care less if he can’t play the run) in rounds 3-5. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I had the Browns as the team landing Conklin over us. If they’re going after Vaitai I think that opens up the door for Conklin to us.

I’m trusting Schefty here and what I’ve been told all offseason. Do not discount Arizona and Minnesota. 

If we sign him I’ll be on board- we need bodies- but I would much rather spend that money on Thuney. 

Hmm. Some interesting guys are becoming available. JD has an opportunity to mold this team with FA, trades and the draft. Got to be aggressive on the guys we like. Don’t settle for guys we don’t like just to address a need. I’m excited. 

Hopkins is an interest player. What do y’all think is his trade value? 

Just trying to follow the breadcrumbs regarding our approach to the OL; this is what I'm reading: 

• Jets are going for Conklin - Thuney - Glasgow. It's beginning to look like this is an "either-or" scenario as all are going to get paid. I think the Jets would like to land 2-of-3, but more likely to only land 1. 
  • The league views Glasgow as one of the top Guard's on the market, but the Jets want to use him at Center. This may result in them losing him if they sign Thuney. Perfect example: Miami, who wants Thuney, may pivot to Glasgow if/when we sign Thuney. Are the Jets ready to pay him $14+ million per year and play him at C? 
  • C/G Matt Skura will likely be the backup plan to G/C Glasgow. The Jets have everything they need to sign Skura away from Baltimore- they simply can't afford to pay him the way we can. Like Glasgow, Skura is relatively young and offers position versatility. He's not the player Glasgow is, but I can see the Jets giving him an offer similar to that of Matt Paradis in order to lock him up and play C or RG. 
  • LT Trent Williams will likely be the backup plan to T Jack Conklin. I've been very vocal about my thoughts on Conklin, and until he signs I won't believe that he's coming here. That said, if the Jets do sign him they will not pigeonhole themselves by labeling him a RT. If they don't land him and only land one of the other "Big 3" members (Thuney, Glasgow), Trent Williams will be in our sights. 

Trade Market: 

• Jets are firmly in the trade market and one name to look out for is WR Brandin Cooks. He's a guy that Adam Gase admires and is a terrific fit as a Z in this offense. He'd essentially be what the team is looking for in a Ruggs/Hamler type addition. 
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Just trying to follow the breadcrumbs regarding our approach to the OL; this is what I'm reading: 

• Jets are going for Conklin - Thuney - Glasgow. It's beginning to look like this is an "either-or" scenario as all are going to get paid. I think the Jets would like to land 2-of-3, but more likely to only land 1. 
  • The league views Glasgow as one of the top Guard's on the market, but the Jets want to use him at Center. This may result in them losing him if they sign Thuney. Perfect example: Miami, who wants Thuney, may pivot to Glasgow if/when we sign Thuney. Are the Jets ready to pay him $14+ million per year and play him at C? 
  • C/G Matt Skura will likely be the backup plan to G/C Glasgow. The Jets have everything they need to sign Skura away from Baltimore- they simply can't afford to pay him the way we can. Like Glasgow, Skura is relatively young and offers position versatility. He's not the player Glasgow is, but I can see the Jets giving him an offer similar to that of Matt Paradis in order to lock him up and play C or RG. 
  • LT Trent Williams will likely be the backup plan to T Jack Conklin. I've been very vocal about my thoughts on Conklin, and until he signs I won't believe that he's coming here. That said, if the Jets do sign him they will not pigeonhole themselves by labeling him a RT. If they don't land him and only land one of the other "Big 3" members (Thuney, Glasgow), Trent Williams will be in our sights. 

Trade Market: 

• Jets are firmly in the trade market and one name to look out for is WR Brandin Cooks. He's a guy that Adam Gase admires and is a terrific fit as a Z in this offense. He'd essentially be what the team is looking for in a Ruggs/Hamler type addition. 

Also regarding Ricky Wagner to GB- expect Bryan Bulaga to sign with Tennessee. There's a chance he follows Brady somewhere as well, but I've found some pretty concrete info on Bulaga to TEN

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Trade Market: 

Sign Conklin, Thuney, and Skura will cost us ~$45M/year each. I'm ~down

Draft OT in R1 and C on Day 2

• Like 1