2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

I would sign Glasgow and Fowler ASAP. Get those deals done and move on.

EDGE and either C or RG locked up.

Tell Jenkins bring us his best offer and either match it or let him walk similar to what the Ravens did with Mosley. If Jenkins walks slot Basham/Copeland into his spot tentatively.

Let the first Tackle domino fall which should be Conklin who will choose where he wants to go, so if he chooses us then sign him and if not immediately go after Wagner or Vaitai.

I dont see us getting Thuney similar to when we tried to sign Hightower, I think he's Miami or Cincinnati bound.

Re-Sign Poole, Lewis and Canady after that then call Washington if we miss on Vaitai/Wagner

Offer the Redskins a 3rd this year and a conditional 6th next year which can become a 5th(we own the Giants 5th) basically if we pull this off we traded Leonard Williams for Trent Williams(thats a win)

Having signed 2 Tackles helps us big time if the Big 4 are off the board and we also have Lewis/Glasgow on the interior.

Sign Van Roten, Perriman and Darby for the money it would have costed to bring back Robby and cut Winters in the process.

Grab some situational players like Beasley, a 3rd down back and a some interior depth to count against injuries.

This allows us in the draft to either ;

A. take the Tackle and let him develop and compete without needing him to start

B. Trade back and grab Ruggs and draft a Tackle in the 2nd round(Jackson, Jones, Wilson(raw but could be a monster in the run game at RT with a year or two of development))

If we truly like Edoga... then I don’t see us signing a safety net OT. I very easily can see us only signing Glasgow and Van Rotten out of the gate (I’m not much of a Van Rotten fan). And pulling off that Trent trade a few days later. Resign Lewis then head into the draft.

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I think the league should come up with a way to compensate for the taxes

Haha. Would never happen. It’s true for every paid job in those states. Luckily I live in Texas. But they won’t compensate players in sports for this ever.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. Would never happen. It’s true for every paid job in those states. Luckily I live in Texas. But they won’t compensate players in sports for this ever.

I more meant the league doing something with the cap.   Like Miami's cap would be 8% less than a team with an 8% tax to even the odds,  or some other solution using math.   As it is it's not really an even playing field. 

Edited by rampantjet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If we truly like Edoga... then I don’t see us signing a safety net OT. I very easily can see us only signing Glasgow and Van Rotten out of the gate (I’m not much of a Van Rotten fan). And pulling off that Trent trade a few days later. Resign Lewis then head into the draft.

Im not sure how we could go into 2020 with Edoga as part of the plan. He was so incredibly bad. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Im not sure how we could go into 2020 with Edoga as part of the plan. He was so incredibly bad. 

He was a rookie that was expected to need year or 2 to develop. That’s not me saying I think he’s legit. Just saying that’s what most thought about him. Was a big talent. Just needed some work

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Correct. If they can upgrade on Edoga via the draft/FA they will because Edoga provides tremendous value as a "3rd" swing tackle who is position verse, but I don't foresee them going the Hala Vaitai route. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

One way is to adjust the salary cap to account for state and local taxes. So Dallas’ and Miami’s cap will be lower than NY teams. Texas and Florida effectively have a higher salary cap because their dollars go a longer way. I think this well remove the competitive advantage some of these teams have. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, Bianconero said:

We'll see. I think both get $11-$12.5M/year

I don’t think the market is going to be there for him. He’s a prime candidate to sign a deal that is publicized as a “3 year, $30 million” deal masquerading as a 1 year, $12 million deal or something of that nature