2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

Just now, Bobby816 said:

So just give guys whatever bc it’s not our money? He gets overpaid... that means we can’t get additional players or get some other good player bc we couldn’t offer that couple mill more.

Like I said look who’s in that 12mill per range and tell me if Robby belongs in those names when you talk about best WRs.

Everyone gets paid in free agency though. Minus the reclamation projects.

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Same guy who said "Sign me up" to trading for Alshon Jeffery, a player who is very much a shell of his former self, which would require paying him $9.91 million guaranteed for the year (2 years, $22.91 million) while also giving up a draft pick... wouldn't budge on giving Robby Anderson a 1 year, $12 million contract. 

I laugh.

I had us getting a 4th to get him bc we took on his salary. If you want to try and point fingers at least do your damn research on what I said before you quote me. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So just give guys whatever bc it’s not our money? He gets overpaid... that means we can’t get additional players or get some other good player bc we couldn’t offer that couple mill more.

Like I said look who’s in that 12mill per range and tell me if Robby belongs in those names when you talk about best WRs.

I highly, highly doubt that 2m inhibits us from signing anyone else

You’d really rather Alshon Jeffrey? This is how FA works. Players get more and more money every single year.

if you think that 2m is more important than bringing back arguably Darnolds favorite target or it will stop us from signing someone else I really hope JD doesn’t share this view.

Edited by GangGreen420

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I had ya getting a 4th to get him bc we took on his salary. If you want to try and pint fingers at least do your damn research on what I said before you quote me. Thank you.

I simply predicted something that I could see happening. But to try and compare arguments is laughable. 

Robby Anderson on a 1 year contract, that doesn't require ANY future commitment, is a better move by lightyears. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I highly, highly doubt that 2m inhibits us from signing anyone else

You’d really rather Alshon Jeffrey?

Never said that. I think Robby isn’t worth more than 10mill is what I’m saying. When I did my mock I was predicting Robby getting something in that 13-15mill range, and I wanted nothing to do with that. Keep in mind mocks aren’t always what you want but what you think might happen. Never once said I’d prefer Jeffrey. Just him being on the block and family with our HC and GM made sense and with making 9mill wasn’t bad to pick up an extra 4th. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:
2016-2019 CHI, PHI 51 51 379 217 2943 13.6 21 54 4.3 57.7 57.3%

2016-2019 NYJ 62 47 382 207 3059 14.8 20 92 3.3 49.3 54.2% 8.0

But Alshon hAs a BigGeR NaMe

When did I say Jeffrey was better than Robby? Please tel me. Bc I mocked him to us? You should know mocks aren’t what you want but what you think. You’re acting nuts sir. Let me go pick apart your mock bc you want “blah blah blah” name. When it’s a mock you put out. A mock I what would look A LOT fiilffernt than the mock I think would happening 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never said that. I think Robby isn’t worth more than 10mill is what I’m saying. When I did my mock I was predicting Robby getting something in that 13-15mill range, and I wanted nothing to do with that. Keep in mind mocks aren’t always what you want but what you think might happen. Never once said I’d prefer Jeffrey. Just him being on the block and family with our HC and GM made sense and with making 9mill wasn’t bad to pick up an extra 4th. 

I wouldn’t want Robby on a multi year deal either at those numbers. But a 1 year/12m deal at this point absolutely is a good move for us.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I wouldn’t want Robby on a multi year deal either at those numbers. But a 1 year/12m deal at this point absolutely is a good move for us.

It’s certainly not a bad deal. I just stand by he’s not worth that money

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

When did I say Jeffrey was better than Robby? Please tel me. Bc I mocked him to us? You should know mocks aren’t what you want but what you think. You’re acting nuts sir. Let me go pick apart your mock bc you want “blah blah blah” name. When it’s a mock you put out. A mock I what would look A LOT fiilffernt than the mock I think would happening 

I never said you did. I simply posted what you said about a potential Alshon Jeffery acquisition. You responded "sign me up" to a scenario that I laid out. I didn't provide an opinion, I simply stated what I could see happening. If you were so prepared to sign up for Alshon Jeffery for a 6th round pick while paying him $9.91 million guaranteed for 2020, coupled with your statements against the idea of bringing back Robby for anything more than $10 million per season, would logically lead someone to believe that you are inferencing that you would prefer to send a 6th round pick for Alshon Jeffery than to pay Robby Anderson anything more than $10 million a year. 

Basically, I'm pointing out how insane your stance is with Robby Anderson. 

6 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I never said you did. I simply posted what you said about a potential Alshon Jeffery acquisition. You responded "sign me up" to a scenario that I laid out. I didn't provide an opinion, I simply stated what I could see happening. If you were so prepared to sign up for Alshon Jeffery for a 6th round pick while paying him $9.91 million guaranteed for 2020, coupled with your statements against the idea of bringing back Robby for anything more than $10 million per season, would logically lead someone to believe that you are inferencing that you would prefer to send a 6th round pick for Alshon Jeffery than to pay Robby Anderson anything more than $10 million a year. 

Basically, I'm pointing out how insane your stance is with Robby Anderson. 

In the scenario I had. I had us getting a 4th and giving up a 6th. Go read my mock 

I'd really like to see us sign a G and cut Winters.

I hate his cap number and am over him as a player.

Seems like we're going to have to find at least one boundary CB from what's left.  Who do you guys want?

I want to bring back Poole, but who do we replace him with if he leaves also?

Edited by Kyu
  • Like 1

It seems like the market has not developed for Clowney and Fowler like they hoped it would. I've read Clowney is looking for around 21m per, I wonder what Fowler is seeking?

I also wonder if we have an offer on the table for him but he's waiting to see if Atlanta can find more money since that's where he would prefer to play.  

Edited by mattmanz91
Changed to correct location.

5 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

It seems like the market has not developed for Clowney and Fowler like they hoped it would. I've read Clowney is looking for around 21m per, I wonder what Fowler is seeking?

I also wonder if we have an offer on the table for him but he's waiting to see if Houston can find more money since that's where he would prefer to play.  

I don't want any piece of Clowney.  If we miss out on both, who do you think we can target at EDGE?