Jahns: Gentry released, DHC Promoted, DT Purcell signed to PR

WindyCity

On 9/20/2017 at 11:57 AM, G08 said:

Maybe Alshon doesn't fit the mold of WR that Pace likes -- which is fine -- but GOOD GOD replace him with someone better than Kendall Wright/Markus Wheaton.

You guys are kind of off with this....you all do know that Jeffery took less to be with the Eagles right?? The Bears did want him. They franchised him last year!! For whatever reason Jeffery didnt like it here. Like not even football reasons.....just literally didnt like Chicago....it was a weird story that I feel like didnt really get talked about enough.

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

You guys are kind of off with this....you all do know that Jeffery took less to be with the Eagles right?? The Bears did want him. They franchised him last year!! For whatever reason Jeffery didnt like it here. Like not even football reasons.....just literally didnt like Chicago....it was a weird story that I feel like didnt really get talked about enough.

I've heard that being said, I just haven't seen any facts to support it. Pace/Fox never made it seem like they badly wanted Alshon to stick around, and Alshon himself said he wanted to be here.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I've heard that being said, I just haven't seen any facts to support it. Pace/Fox never made it seem like they badly wanted Alshon to stick around, and Alshon himself said he wanted to be here.

Same, I heard it but I thought he was done with Chicago in large part to getting rid of Marshall and Bennett. That was just my guess though.

I still feel Pace should have franchised him again even if only to try and trade him. We won't even get a compensatory pick for him now.

On 9/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, MonserinNC said:

Alshon Jeffery is a damn weirdo. He was profiled as being a strange dude coming out of SCAR, but it was generally overlooked because he produced.

Archived