Vikings tag Anthony Harris

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Offered him a 1 year $11.441 million franchise tag, similar to what Simmons on Denver was offered.

He could easily decline it though and hit the market. 

I don’t think that’s how tags work 

I think you can sign and play or sit, or get traded if you agree to a sign and trade 

Just now, Dome said:

Because RBs make less than d-linemen 

Derrick Henry lead his team to what the AFC title game?  What did Leonard Williams do?  He did not even have two sacks this past season and was just recently traded away from the Jets clearly and has been someone of a disappointment in his career.  

Pretty pathetic he would get that much more for being a much worse player.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Derrick Henry lead his team to what the AFC title game?  What did Leonard Williams do?  He did not even have two sacks this past season and was just recently traded away from the Jets clearly and has been someone of a disappointment in his career.  

Pretty pathetic he would get that much more for being a much worse player.

I’m saying that’s how the franchise tag works, it’s not about fairness

The franchise tag is an average of the top 5 (I think) salaries for your position, and d-linemen make more... so that’s just what it is

Just now, Dome said:

I’m saying that’s how the franchise tag works, it’s not about fairness

The franchise tag is an average of the top 5 (I think) salaries for your position, and d-linemen make more... so that’s just what it is

Oh ok, I got you then.  Still the NFL is bull**** with how they do business and sure Derrick Henry is feeling that right now especially when Ryan Tannehill gets all that cash he recently got.  

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

He’s going to get traded to the Browns.

yeah i don't anticipate he'll play this season on the tag, i think it just buys the vikings time to work out a trade. he definitely wouldn't garner a first round pick but i could see a team giving up a second rounder (and a new deal). most likely it'll be a third rounder imo.

i'd say it gives them time to work on a long-term contract but they're so cash-strapped with many more important positions to fill.