Colts sign QB Phillip Rivers (One year, $25 M)

RaidersAreOne

On 3/17/2020 at 1:07 PM, coffeedrinker said:

Not sure how to react to this.  Rivers has been a great QB for most of his career, but he has beaten the Colts too many times for me to be ecstatic about this.

But he is better than JB.  And look for the Colts to draft Fromm or Gordon in the 3rd/4th round.

I agree with this, but for some reason, I like Eason. I just like the way he delivers the ball. I fear I will likely be wrong about this, but for some gut reason, I think the guy is going to succeed. 

Edited by Warhorse

2 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I agree with this, but for some reason, I like Eason. I just like the way he delivers the ball. I fear I will likely be wrong about this, but for some gut reason, I think the guy in going to succeed. 

There are a lot of things to like about Eason, no doubt.  When he throws the ball you think, that is the way a football is supposed to be thrown.  The only thing I don't like about him, when I watched all his games in 2019, he kept doing the same bone headed things over and over again.  The biggest was turning his back to the D and spinning left to try to avoid the rush.  I also tracked and he only had one incomplete pass when he did a play action pass after starting from under center.  I know that is very specific thing to look for, but considering that as an NFL QB he will be under center a lot more and run a lot of PAP, that is a definite plus for him.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, coffeedrinker said:

I also tracked and he only had one incomplete pass when he did a play action pass after starting from under center.  I know that is very specific thing to look for, but considering that as an NFL QB he will be under center a lot more and run a lot of PAP, that is a definite plus for him.

Did not know that.....that is interesting. We were so spoiled watching Manning/Edge pull that off. They were deadly. 

• Like 1