The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Really man?  Payne is literally getting put on skates in those clips I showed you.  He's getting pushed back 5-10 yards.  Is that what you want out of our NT?

Yeah, some clips. The ones you pull out. 

Then, there are other clips where he beats OL and gets in the backfield. He wouldn’t be considered a 1st round pick if he didn’t make some plays as a DT.

Vea is a good player too. I’ve always liked them both.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, some clips. The ones you pull out. 

Then, there are other clips where he beats OL and gets in the backfield. He wouldn’t be considered a 1st round pick if he didn’t make some plays as a DT.

Vea is a good player too. I’ve always liked them both.

I never said he doesn't make plays.

47 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I never said he doesn't make plays.

Ok whatever, you just have spent two pages of posts trying to prove he’s not a good run defender after spending the page before trying to prove he offers nothing as a pass rusher. ?

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ok whatever, you just have spent two pages of posts trying to prove he’s not a good run defender after spending the page before trying to prove he offers nothing as a pass rusher. ?

Show me where I said he offers nothing as a pass rusher.  For that matter, show me where I said he's not a "good" run defender.

59584469.jpg

5 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Show me where I said he offers nothing as a pass rusher.  For that matter, show me where I said he's not a "good" run defender.

59584469.jpg

I think either way if we go NT I think we all can atleast agree whether it is Vea or Payne I think we all can agree whoever we select Tomsula had a big say in the player saying he will get the most out of that guy. Because in my opinion Allen with a stud NT can be out Justin Smith who will just bully other teams week in and out. I think a NT can also make ZB a all pro type run stopper. In all honesty every poster either prefers Vea or Payne. In the end nobody dislikes either. Personally I don’t think you can go wrong. But you can watch both and see flaws because as prospects you can break down every snap and if you want to find a weakness you will if you like them you will fall in love with their flashes.

everyone around this team knows a true space eater could do wonders for this team. To be honest there’s no clear cut Suh or Donald. We just have to trust the coaching staff to pick their preference and put that player in a chance to shine!!! With Tomsula I think it’s realistic to believe he can get whoever we take and make them a constant Pro bowl level player

7 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

59584469.jpg

I Guess it’s a matter of perspective. I do realize that you’ve just been trying to prove that Vea is better for a few pages and Jen may be, I think it’s close between the two, especially when you grade for level of competition. IMO If a poster is constantly searching for poor plays on a prospect for a few pages then they’re trying to prove they aren’t good. 

I get that you’re just trying to prove Vea is better, but in doing so you’ve sure trashed Payne in the process whether that was your intention or not.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think either way if we go NT I think we all can atleast agree whether it is Vea or Payne I think we all can agree whoever we select Tomsula had a big say in the player saying he will get the most out of that guy. Because in my opinion Allen with a stud NT can be out Justin Smith who will just bully other teams week in and out. I think a NT can also make ZB a all pro type run stopper. In all honesty every poster either prefers Vea or Payne. In the end nobody dislikes either. Personally I don’t think you can go wrong. But you can watch both and see flaws because as prospects you can break down every snap and if you want to find a weakness you will if you like them you will fall in love with their flashes.

everyone around this team knows a true space eater could do wonders for this team. To be honest there’s no clear cut Suh or Donald. We just have to trust the coaching staff to pick their preference and put that player in a chance to shine!!! With Tomsula I think it’s realistic to believe he can get whoever we take and make them a constant Pro bowl level player

Exactly, we’ll said. I’ve been trying to say this for a few pages and you just said it perfectly. We can draft about 6 or 7 guys at 13 and I’ll be satisfied, including Guice and Ridley.

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I will be pissed off if they draft Payne over Vea.  And so will the rest of Redskins nation in 3 years when it's clear we passed up on a perennial pro bowler for a JAG.

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I will be pissed off if they draft Payne over Vea.  And so will the rest of Redskins nation in 3 years when it's clear we passed up on a perennial pro bowler for a JAG.

So you know Vea won’t blow his knee out week one of camp like Jarvis Jenkins and he will absolutely be a pro bowler? Cool pick him I’m sold!

nobody knows what will happen and I don’t think you’ve actually watched Alabama’s games if you think Payne is a Jag. Because while Cea might show up more look at the impact guys around Payne make!!! A NT personally shouldn’t flash much!!!! What 1st round player outside of Vea on that defense is rated in the first? Why is that because he wasn’t opening things up around him!!! He was being highlighted in his system Payne was in a system that is based on the team performing not one individual

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I will say that if Payne gets drafted to be a 3-tech, I think he will be much more successful than he will as a 0- or 1-tech.  But on our team, he'd be a NT, which means he'll be playing a lot of 0- and 1-tech.

I don’t think he will be the0 as much as you think because we run a 4 man line more then we run a 3 man line

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I don’t think he will be the0 as much as you think because we run a 4 man line more then we run a 3 man line

But we run a 3-man line in more high leverage situations, like on 3rd and 2, 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and goal line situations.  This is where games are often won and loss.  If we plan have Payne playing 0-tech in those situations, I would be shouting at the TV for us to put Phil Taylor there instead, especially when we're going up against the Dallas or Philly OL.

Archived