The NOT Too Early 2018 NFL Draft Thread

turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

- This is a very deep free agent class for Guards.

- Our current Oline (when healthy) has been pretty good.  

- We really need to spend two top 15 overall picks on Guards?

Oh ... just found the Quenton Nelson thread ... now I see the vitriol ...

aiiR262.gif

I'll be nice and help him out ...

4 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

If Guice or Sony Michel is available in ththe second round than I'd be upset if we did not draft either of them .

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17033-1369165634-3.

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Omg ! How do I do the Gif because I'd like to join in .

Step 1: Find image using search engine o' choice 

Step 2:

hqdefault.jpg

Step 3: paste link

https://s.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/71bc1a5688ba1b179967d25219534718/205211160/AustinTitle.gif

Step 4:

AustinTitle.gif

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Yes, so if we have that personnel group and run it more than 2/3s of the time, why not just make it the main base and not worry about getting a 3-4 nose? Allen would work just fine as a 4-3 nose.

We need a run stuffing NT no matter what scheme we play. This team struggles at the point of attack at NT. Allen isn’t a NT, he’s not even 290 pounds, he’s 285 or 286. He’s a 3-tech or even a strong side DE but preferably - if we did switch back to the 4-3 - I’d like to see Kerrigan put the 10 to 15 pounds back on that he’s lost since being drafted and be our strong side LDE.

Its not that I’m so against switching back to tge 4-3, I just don’t think switching back automatically makes our defense better like you and many others lead on. Our problems are the same regardless of the scheme, we suck at and defending the run because of the lack of a good NT and our linebackers struggle in coverage.

If we switched to the 4-3, we still need a run stuffing NT and 4-3 OLBs who can cover and it’s questionable if we have that right now.

Archived