2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

22 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Not only that for me but I’ve soured on Wirfs. There’s talk that his footwork might be too slow to play tackle early on in his career and it’s questions about him ever playing tackle. He might be exclusive to the guard positions.

For me it’s Willis, Thomas & a gap.

I prefer Wirfs at RT but I have no concerns with him at all.  I think is going to be great.

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Whoa whoa whoa risk? 

I personally feel you’re being very irrational. Can you go deeper into why you feel that way?

He was a risk even before his flagged test. His flagged test just made him that much more of a risk.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I could see that happening as well. But I would not be a fan of it. Imagine being able to draft CeeDee Lamb and ending up with Van Jefferson.

Given that I really think an elite WR talent will fall to our pick at 48 I would be pretty upset if we didn't pull the trigger on one there.  We need to help Sam and that is with and OT in round 1, WR R2, and another OG prospect in probably round 3.  If JD wants to grab a CB or OLB with one of our RD3 picks that's where he should do it.  Our offense is too devoid of talent to ignore with a premium pick in round 2 given the offensive talent expected to be on the board there.

Edited by Rockice_8

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I keep seeing Wirfs as a Guard at his best and I’m trying to wonder why because his athleticism is off the charts. Like he was made to play on the perimeter. 

Its because he would be a day 1 elite guard is why people keep seeing him there.  Guy is a freak and can play anywhere on the OL.  He's the best OT in this class without question.  I said I prefer him at RT but that is because he can run block better then our other OTs.  He can handle LT longer term though.  He might be the best prospect in this draft behind Okudah.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

What was risky? That’s kinda what I’m asking

Several things for me. Plays out of control quite a bit. Going for that big block instead of just actually using technique. He as well bc of his size would just hit wherever on a defender and it would work a decent amount for him. But that wont fly in the NFL. Which further goes for me to prove that he has very little technique. Playing in a weak ACC he was able to win on size alone. In the NFL that won't pass. He has A LOT of work with his technique to even start. Nevermind be a great OT. His lack of pass sets is worrisome also. especially in a rather throwing NFL. His weight "might" be an issue. He seems to have it under control now. But will he when he's 28 yrs old? Who knows.

This is just him as a player. And I get there's rarely a perfect prospect. But for me that's a lot of questions for an 11th pick. And you just cant leave out his flagged test. Pretty idiotoc to fail a test for the biggest interview of his life. Regardless of what the substance was. Shows a lack of maturity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Given that I really think an elite WR talent will fall to our pick at 48 I would be pretty upset if we didn't pull the trigger on one there.  We need to help Sam and that is with and OT in round 1, WR R2, and another OG prospect in probably round 3.  If JD wants to grab a CB or OLB with one of our RD3 picks that's where he should do it.  Our offense is too devoid of talent to ignore with a premium pick in round 2 given the offensive talent expected to be on the board there.

I agree. I know it will come down to talent more so than need. But I do look at things on how can "whoever we draft" help us now. Our division is rather wide open (Buffalo with an advantage on paper). So get guys in those 1st 3 rounds that can help us now. These are top 80 guys in a good draft class. We draft a WR early, they're more than likely a starter for us. Where even at the other positions we have a need... they will be battling for a starting spot. For example if we drafted Becton lets say. While I think he would start over Edoga... he shouldnt for sure win that job just bc of his draft spot. He has a lot of work to do. While drafting a guy like Wills, I'd be confident in starting him. (Just an Example). We draft a 3rd round edge... is that guy starting over Jenkins and Basham? (who I think is underrated on here) Possibly. Yes he'd rotate in. But not a starter. Same with CB where we have Desir, Austin, Poole, Maulet, Hairston. Is he starting over at least 3 or 4 of those guys? Probably not.

I do fully recognize that this isn't how all GMs look at things. And they're looking long term. And I actually really like that philosophy. But with holes in major areas that can be addressed and have guys worthy of that draft spot. It does change things for me.

I mean if Wills, Wirfs and Thomas are gone and No WRs have been drafted. Becton being drafted by us as a guy who needs a lot of work technique wise just doesn't make sense for me. When you can just draft Lamb and get a starting "potential" star WR for Darnold and get a guy that can develop at 48 like Peart for example. Who needs some work like Becton, just doesnt have as much size. I've stated several times that for me... a draft of Lamb/Peart is a better draft IMO than Becton/Hamler. Just as examples as realistic guys that might be there when we draft.

Small sample size. But a thing that I value is can a WR make your QB better? And thought I'd look into when Tua went down for Alabama and Mac Jones started. Who helped Jones out more Jeudy or Ruggs in those 4 games?

Henry Ruggs III: 215yds 2 tds

Jerry Jeudy: 400yds 3tds

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Small sample size. But a thing that I value is can a WR make your QB better? And thought I'd look into when Tua went down for Alabama and Mac Jones started. Who helped Jones out more Jeudy or Ruggs in those 4 games?

Henry Ruggs III: 215yds 2 tds

Jerry Jeudy: 400yds 3tds

To be fair an inexperienced QB will be on a shorter leash, have easy reads and usually target Slot, TE and checkdowns more often. Which may answer why Jeudy outproduced Ruggs in those games. 

2 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm serious. Workout warriors with mediocre tape arent my thing.... consider me scarred. 

Just see some similarities and jets arent lucky enough to avoid it happening again. 

My thing is just that a guy with question marks like that shouldn't be a drafted 11th overall on a team that "has to hit" on this pick. We really cant afford risk at all. We arent KC, GB, etc that can take a risk on a player and if we miss, no huge deal. 

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm serious. Workout warriors with mediocre tape arent my thing.... consider me scarred. 

Just see some similarities and jets arent lucky enough to avoid it happening again. 

Mediocre tape? Nah at all. Sure he's raw but he's a mauler, he's not a guy who uses/needs to use technique. No different than other guys at certain positions. 

The one thing that is coached up at the next level is technique.