2020 Draft

Zappaz

I come away from the first round just feeling "blah". Not excited or intrigued. 

Maybe I got myself too much hyped into Tua. Herbert just felt like a guy who isn't going to propel the team forward and really needs everything around him to be perfect. That classic big arm bust. He is the anti-Rivers in many ways which is probably why Lynn will love him. 

I can understand filling the ILB position early especially with this being a weaker class overall, but losing a 3rd round pick in such a deep class hurts. 

At this point we still need some speed at WR, a CB, and depth at many places. Like I've said earlier, I think OT is already locked down and wont be addressed now but I could be wrong. Guess we have to wait till tomorrow to see what happens. 

Yeah I’m not gonna lie, I was straight up disappointed. This one could get some guys fired especially coming off last years draft.  Tillery looked terrible last season, Adderley never saw the field and the jury is out on Pipkins.  Back that up with Herbert and Murray and some of these guys need to hit.  Then add in the fact that Lock looked pretty decent in Denver and that makes two QBs within our own division we could have had and passed. An honest look tells me we very well could be last in the division again and drafting in the top 10.  
I hope I’m wrong I really do, but this pick feels forced to me. Feels like other picks in the past like English, Davis, Cason etc etc. I just don’t have a good feeling about it. 
Murray I think is a nice pick, but to move up is brutal in this draft and particularly when we only have our allotted 7 picks.  I feel like we’ve blown top of the draft picks for years and it’s frustrating.  I have to be honest, I actually love what every other team in our division is doing, I scratch my head when it comes to us though 

53 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

Yeah I’m not gonna lie, I was straight up disappointed. This one could get some guys fired especially coming off last years draft.  Tillery looked terrible last season, Adderley never saw the field and the jury is out on Pipkins.  Back that up with Herbert and Murray and some of these guys need to hit.  Then add in the fact that Lock looked pretty decent in Denver and that makes two QBs within our own division we could have had and passed. An honest look tells me we very well could be last in the division again and drafting in the top 10.  
I hope I’m wrong I really do, but this pick feels forced to me. Feels like other picks in the past like English, Davis, Cason etc etc. I just don’t have a good feeling about it. 
Murray I think is a nice pick, but to move up is brutal in this draft and particularly when we only have our allotted 7 picks.  I feel like we’ve blown top of the draft picks for years and it’s frustrating.  I have to be honest, I actually love what every other team in our division is doing, I scratch my head when it comes to us though 

I don't think we are drafting out of the top 5 next year. We went 5-11 with a hall of fame QB and have done nothing that makes me think we will make up for the difference at that position. Large free agency deals for Keenan, Bosa, Ingram, Williams, King are all due next year. We have not gotten good value from the draft the last couple of years. We've gotten Derwin who was a no brainer when he fell to us and outside of that we've largely been inept in the draft.

I don't believe in Tyrod Taylor. I don't believe in our ability to run between the tackles to make the Shanahan roll out offense Lynn wants to make work. I don't believe in our ability to stop teams just gashing us up the middle. Largely I just don't believe we have the top leadership to be competitive in this league.

• Like 1

Not much left that’s real exciting on the running back market.  I’d say Curtis Weaver, People’s-Jones, Quartney Davis, Saahdiq Charles, AJ Green, Harrison Bryant, Ben Bartch, Gabriel Davis, Thaddeus Moss, Nick Harris...I think could be good options at 112