Jump to content
Deadpulse

1980s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Poll)

Comedy  

27 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. 1980s

    • Ferris Bueller
      5
    • Major League
      0
    • Ghostbusters
      1
    • Caddyshack
      6
    • Spaceballs
      1
    • Back to the Future
      2
    • Trading Places
      2
    • This is Spinal Tap
      1
    • The Princess Bride
      5
    • Planes,trains & automobiles
      2
    • Coming To America
      1
    • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2020 at 10:00 PM

Recommended Posts

I'm not looking at any other category when I make my noms.  I don't even care if wins another category, although, that hasn't been an issue yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

 

in the ncaa, it would be like the selection committee   picking the "West"  , letting the west playout, then saying  "hey Gonzaga lost too early, let's put them in the East now which is played next week"  . There's a reason all the sub-brackets are selected, and played, simultaneously.

 

 

that analogy doesnt work here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

that analogy doesnt work here

of course it doesn't, I said a few posts ago you can't adminstratively handle the logistics of running all the selections simultaneously because it would be a nightmare; it doesn't mean that you should deviate from what the outcome would be assuming you could.

 

*shrug*.  How about people just nominate Princess bride to every 80s category so it has a chance of winning?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

of course it doesn't, I said a few posts ago you can't adminstratively handle the logistics of running all the selections simultaneously because it would be a nightmare; it doesn't mean that you should deviate from what the outcome would be assuming you could.

 

*shrug*.  How about people just nominate Princess bride to every 80s category so it has a chance of winning?

 

It fits in a lot of categories. Romance, action/adventure, and comedy for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I feel like we are missing some categories, there should definitely be a sports category and probably musical (even though I don't think a musical could win it all) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly I feel like we are missing some categories, there should definitely be a sports category and probably musical (even though I don't think a musical could win it all) 

Sure but there has to be a limit and there has to be a eight total to make that bracket, if you had 10 then what have a plan in section?  Not to mention if there were even more it would take what a full calendar year to get through it all.  Especially considering only 30 at best people vote on this thing, which is a joke of a turnout.    Like this poll right now, this should not be in discussion between these three movies, but it will go down to the wire like many have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly I feel like we are missing some categories, there should definitely be a sports category and probably musical (even though I don't think a musical could win it all) 

Cannibal: The Musical

directed by Trey Parker

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cannibal_the_musical

 

"If you're only going to watch one black comedy about a real-life explorer whose fellow travelers ended up eaten, make it Cannibal! The Musical."

Edited by Malfatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sure but there has to be a limit and there has to be a eight total to make that bracket, if you had 10 then what have a plan in section?  Not to mention if there were even more it would take what a full calendar year to get through it all.  Especially considering only 30 at best people vote on this thing, which is a joke of a turnout.    Like this poll right now, this should not be in discussion between these three movies, but it will go down to the wire like many have.

I think we could get to 16 categories without too much effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to keep these polls open longer.  I made my nominations but I don't think I got the chance to vote.  All is good, however, because I would have voted for Caddyshack anyway.  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We need to keep these polls open longer.  I made my nominations but I don't think I got the chance to vote.  All is good, however, because I would have voted for Caddyshack anyway.  :)

 

You could ask the man if he could include you in the notification system where you get notified every time something comes up.  

 

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 8:03 AM, scar988 said:

Caddyshack defines 80s comedy for me.

Me too.  Either that or Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×