FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

11 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Lions re-signed Wiggins in real life, so... nailed it.

(Edit: Karnage nailed it. He suggested we re-sign him. It wasn't me.)

I wonder what the contract is for him. I still hope/expect that we draft an OG as Wiggins is far from a long-term solution. It just makes sense to bring in a guy on the cheap who fits what you want and knows what you do when we have a potentially short off-season and minimal off-season training. 

• Like 1

We're nearing the end of FFMD II '20 and have two picks remaining. LionArkie provided me with a name for his pick, and Louis Friend reached out to say that he'd rather the group make the final pick together.

There's no need to use codes for the last one: if you know of anyone that's still available and would be a quality add, lets hear it. (We could use a punter too...)

At this point in the draft, I always like positional groups over particular players.  So, I like the positional groups of G, S, LB.  I feel like this is the best bang for your buck in round 7. S, LB can at minimum help out with ST, so I feel like its a plus.

Madre Harper, CB, Southern Illinois (via Oklahoma State)

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/4/9/21213891/2020-nfl-draft-seattle-seahawks-cornerback-day-three-pete-carroll-richard-sherman-madre-harper

Madre Harper

Of the eight outside cornerbacks who fit Seattle’s size and athletic thresholds in the 2020 NFL Draft, Harper is the most intriguing and possesses the highest ceiling. A former teammate of Flowers and Chris Carson’s at Oklahoma State, Harper went on to Southern Illinois following his dismissal in his sophomore season. Harper remained in good standing with the Cowboys, however, as he participated in their pro day in mid-March.

It was at that pro day Harper met with the Seahawks’ consultant Alonzo Highsmith, as I reported afterward. On that day, Harper excelled: Had he been invited to the combine, he would’ve ranked 5th in the forty-yard dash (4.41), 3rd in the vertical jump (40”), 3rd in the short shuttle (4.1) and 1st in the three cone (6.7) among corners. On top of his superb athleticism, he has the requisite size (6-foot-2, 196 pounds) and arm length in the 98th percentile for corners, at 33 7/8”.

Transitioning into Seattle’s defense as a cornerback is a challenge, such is the unique technique asked of them. However, Harper displays a few traits that suggest he would do so comfortably. On vertical and sideline-breaking routes, Harper does a good job of taking away space, pinning the wideout to the chalk and not allowing them room to work. He is consistent in turning and finding the football, and utilizes his length well to disrupt the pass. Over his final two seasons at Southern Illinois, Harper totaled 20 PBUs and two interceptions. His movement, both in coverage and in finding the football, is representative of the high-level mobility his testing suggests.

With big, long cornerbacks becoming increasingly en vogue, Harper is unlikely to make it beyond the middle of day three—especially in this draft class. However, with his high-level athleticism and ideal size, he is exactly the type of prospect the Seahawks should look for at the position.

Not going to bombard you guys with others. Just a couple guys that stand out in my worksheet. 

• Like 2

DRAFT SUMMARY

Pick #6 (1) - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

Pick #14 (1) - Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina

Pick #49 (2) - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Pick #92 (3) - Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan
Pick #149 (5) - Anfernee Jennings, DE/OLB, Alabama
Pick #185 (6) - Cameron Clark, OT/OG, Charlotte
Pick #186 (6) - Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA

Pick #220 (7) - Xavier Jones, RB, SMU
Pick #228 (7) - Jeff Thomas, WR, Miami
Pick #252 (7)