Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

Now the question becomes should we go mookie? Because the most plausible scenario I see is that mookie is the one with the extra hit. RMIB comes out and CCs utley trying to ensure mookie is not the lynch. If we go after RMIB and he is being legit about surviving a lynch, then we accomplish nothing tonight and lynch him the following, which means doomfist would get another hit in the mean time.

also, one thing I didn't think about is I think the likelihood of a role allowing a person to survive a lynch would be rather low considering there was a role that could pardon every lynch as well as a role that could revive people.

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Now the question becomes should we go mookie? Because the most plausible scenario I see is that mookie is the one with the extra hit. RMIB comes out and CCs utley trying to ensure mookie is not the lynch. If we go after RMIB and he is being legit about surviving a lynch, then we accomplish nothing tonight and lynch him the following, which means doomfist would get another hit in the mean time.

also, one thing I didn't think about is I think the likelihood of a role allowing a person to survive a lynch would be rather low considering there was a role that could pardon every lynch as well as a role that could revive people.

Find scum, kill scum.  I think you very well may be right about RMIB.  No need to overthink it or role guess.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Target? Like mafia tell? TK3 but that’s very recent. 

Was looking back through at previous night results and I'm shocked this hasn't been brought up before. The post from dome about jfin is pretty odd to say the least.

i asked dome his number one target and he says tk3. Which, if I recall I don't think he said anything about tk3 prior to that and I don't think much had even been heard from Tk3. Just guessing here but I can't imagine a mafia member would name another mafia member as their number one target minutes before getting lynched.

think the last three could easily be RMIB, jfin and mookie.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Find scum, kill scum.  I think you very well may be right about RMIB.  No need to overthink it or role guess.

The issue is that there is a very real possibility that I'm wrong. If mookie is not mafia, then I don't think there's a chance that RMIB makes that move. The only valid motive I could see would be to ensure that doomfist survives long enough to get another hit.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

The issue is that there is a very real possibility that I'm wrong. If mookie is not mafia, then I don't think there's a chance that RMIB makes that move. The only valid motive I could see would be to ensure that doomfist survives long enough to get another hit.

Well, another thing about mookie is when it looked like he was going to be lynched, he played the 'golly gee, I'm town, but I really get why you guys are doing this'.  That's a very scummy response imo.  A townie should actually care if he is being mislynched.  

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

JMC and Sanchez are both civs, or Lucio is an inactive/stupid townie. Bucs theory is a reach, I don't understand why Touch is so hung up on it, seems desperate. Bucs hasn't been helpful as ringleader when he was, but then again nobody has except Touch who tracked Dome. Touch could be mafia, but that would mean Woz also is, since Woz confirmed Touch tracked Dome. Don''t get a mafia read from any of them, I think inactives are a good call, every single time I've played mafia has had at least 1 person who just skates by from not saying much. However...

utley4568

Granted he was drunk, but in my mind that's all the more reason to make sense of this claim. Firstly, a townie wouldn't make a claim for no reason when we've already been warned about it, and more importantly he can't be Tracer.

Nice try, but it's over. Don't play mafia drunk next time.

and let's just say I know you're not Tracer because I know who Tracer really is.

Image result for smirk gif

...because I am. If you don't believe me, that's fine too, since I can survive the lynch which will give us a clear and confirm utley is mafia, although I'd prefer we just lynch him tonight. If I'm wrong. Then get Mookie, then TLO.

My ability is recall, I can use it to escape the lynch or the ability of a defensive hero (latter part is irrelevant now since all the defensive heroes have used their ability and the only defense hero in mafia is dead).

This is not at all how someone who was truly CCing would actually play it. What he's going for here was he was hoping that someone else would chime in and say that he was claiming tracer in hopes he wouldn't have to actually say it. 

at this point in time, mookie was in the lead by a couple votes. It makes sense for RMIB to step in and try to throw shade elsewhere if mookie has an important role. At this point the traffic was way down and I think they were afraid that the votes wouldn't swing elsewhere in time. 

mookie then rmib

On 9/29/2017 at 9:34 PM, Tk3 said:

Danger, you a PSU guy?

On 9/29/2017 at 9:33 PM, Tk3 said:

I'm really turned off by James's game. He has tried to clear way too many people and is generally trying too hard in my opinion.

But I'm not 100% convinced. I'd be tempted to lynch Sanchez before James, which would tell us alot about James

Mookie is low key on my radar too.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Target? Like mafia tell? TK3 but that’s very recent. 

On 9/29/2017 at 9:00 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I’m slightly amused just being in the thread with you. Spicing up the game regardless of whatever your role may be

On 9/29/2017 at 9:28 PM, Tk3 said:

RMIB 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:01 PM, domepatrol91 said:

Too obvious the way he was posting. And I don’t think he thought malf was scum either. He could’ve done it for the lulz but I don’t think that’s Jfins style. Don’t know him that well though.

TLO is a dark horse for hitting mathman. He MIGHT be someone who did it for the laughs

On 9/29/2017 at 7:30 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I understand that there’s no way to save me. But some of the next lynches you guys are looking at don’t sit well with me. I’m at work and cannot guarantee my availability.

@RagnarokIm pretty sold as TK3 as mafia based on him saying he’d be willing to vote elsewhere if you all weren’t so entrenched on me. Why? He never explained.

sanchez is scum, but that’s just based on my gut and I’m also assuming everyone who is clear is actually clear and the list of possible scum keeps shrinking

Haven’t been readin a ton today but ET was my last read before he got hit. At least he was SOMEHING so I felt Ok about that.

Jfin is a useless civ but I don’t think he hit malf. He’s useless, not stupid. TLO is my bet on that, he might hit both requirements. If tlo isn’t the one that hit Malf he’s gotta be mafia. 

On 9/29/2017 at 7:40 PM, Tk3 said:

soooo.. in your scenario, you are a civ and I am a mafia.

why would a mafia offer to spare a civ in your scenario? it makes no sense. if I were a mafia, and you were a civ, I would be more than happy to let you go with zero attention on me for it.

you are either a mafia trying to line up a civ on your way out, or you are a civ who didn't think the accusation through. neither option is particularly clever, tbh

On 9/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I think both could be scum, but they’re far from my best reads. I voted mission N1 cause of his “bonus activity” thing before I realized he always does that. 

I don’t think I’ll have time to go read up on utley, I could be wrong on him.

On 9/29/2017 at 7:45 PM, domepatrol91 said:

@Tk3 Just seems odd to even offer up your vote elsewhere. Like you’re trying to say maybe I look alright after all, without actually trying to stop the lynch.

Also, I’ve never been accused of being clever. Glad we didn’t start today.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:50 PM, Tk3 said:

I'll say once more. I am EXTREMELY suspicious of RMIB, both for his choices in votes, jumping on bandwagons, and general wording of some of his posts.

Also very distrustful of Sanchez, particularly in his interactions with James. Learning Sanchez's identity, either through investigation or death, would also clarify James's team as well. I'd support his lynch if for no other reason than it would either get us 2 mafia in one (Sanchez/James) or it would 100% clear James.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:03 PM, Tk3 said:

I'd vote for RMIB right now if it wasn't so locked down already

On 9/29/2017 at 7:18 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I’m assuming it’s late enough that his qualifies for Danger to be a “must reveal to save yourself” situation.

james already outed me so what’s the point, but I’m Mei. The other half of my “ability” is that I cannot vote the next day if my Ice Wall blocked someone that’s another reason I thought it was a “make your move and it will eventually block that move” deal cause it would be more balanced if I eventually couldn’t vote because if it. I didn’t vote until CWood called me out because I thought I wasn’t supposed to vote that night. I honestly wasn’t sure until after I voted and asked Danger if that was OK, I told him he could cancel my vote even though it would look bad on me. He said my block failed and that’s when I started putting it all together that I had screwed up my move.

I think jfin is civ. I also think Woz is civ and shouldn’t be lynched. I think TLO is the civ that hit Malf and should be lynched for that alone. If TLO is mafia, I have no idea who would hit malf. 

Just a few posts that stood out to me. 

I'm almost positive that mookie and RMIB are mafia. I'm torn between tk3 and jfin for the final. 

3 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

The way rmib's claim played out it seems more likely that he would be able to avoid a lynch.

Right but which of their claims do you think makes more sense? Utley says his ability allows him to avoid a hit and then he gets a hit. RMIB says his role allows him to avoid a lynch.

Archived