Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What "cleared" civs are you referring to that you need cleared up?

How about the whole list?

I think it is good for everyone to get it all out there as we search for the final mafia. Ever since day 2 or 3 I've been seeing people labeled as "cleared" without real evidence posted.

It's dangerous to have that floating out there in the ether and having it become a trusted thing unless there is a real basis for it.

Just now, Tk3 said:

How about the whole list?

I think it is good for everyone to get it all out there as we search for the final mafia. Ever since day 2 or 3 I've been seeing people labeled as "cleared" without real evidence posted.

It's dangerous to have that floating out there in the ether and having it become a trusted thing unless there is a real basis for it.

It's been posted several times...I'm just convinced you're not paying attention and given that you're coming out of the woodwork to be productive now has me highly suspicious of you...

20 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Cleared or probably town - untouch, Ragnarok, sanchez, cwood, jlash, utley, ftw

More likely dirty dirty scum - mission, tk3, jfin

Updated list

I know why Rags is cleared

I don't know why untouch is cleared

I don't know why sanchez is cleared

I don't know why cwood is cleared

I don't know why jlash is cleared

I know why Utley is cleared

I don't know why lions is cleared

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I declared my move was relatively useless, I then claimed I was going to use my move, and Danger confirmed it by announcing that touch wasn't allowed to move his vote.  I might not be black/white cleared, but it's a hell of a coincidence that it happened.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Unless you have significant reason to believe that someone has been cleared that shouldn't have been cleared, what exactly does this do for us?

Because I truly don't know the basis for this.

I am trying to understand why so that I can trust it and cross people off of my list.

If you have a good reason for some of those names, just tell me so I can move on.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Because I truly don't know the basis for this.

I am trying to understand why so that I can trust it and cross people off of my list.

If you have a good reason for some of those names, just tell me so I can move on.

We've discussed it multiple times throughout this thread...have you read up at all?

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I declared my move was relatively useless, I then claimed I was going to use my move, and Danger confirmed it by announcing that touch wasn't allowed to move his vote.  I might not be black/white cleared, but it's a hell of a coincidence that it happened.

page 132?

okay, I agree with that, especially since Danger used "orisa"

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We've discussed it multiple times throughout this thread...have you read up at all?

People have discussed multiple times that people are cleared, rather than the reasons why people are cleared.

Rather than just saying "its been discussed multiple times", why can't you just walk me through it so I can go back and try to find it?

15 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I know why Rags is cleared

I don't know why untouch is cleared

I don't know why sanchez is cleared

I don't know why jlash is cleared

I know why Utley is cleared

I don't know why lions is cleared

I also included in that 'probably town'.

As in, not cleared per se, but people I think are townie based on gameplay.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I also included in that 'probably town'.

As in, not cleared per se, but people I think are townie based on gameplay.

That's all well and good. I didn't mean to be calling you out or anything, it was just the most recent post I could find that listed people in that way.

The problem is people (and I'm speaking mostly of untouchable), are treating a whole lot of people like they are "cleared" rather than "feels town".

I've been saying all game that I feel like it's dangerous to use the word "clear" too strongly, because if one of them is wrong is become WAAY too easy for that last mafia to slide through under the pretense of being "cleared". I've seen MANY games where the town knock out all but 1 mafia but the last one is so ingrained as being "town" that they are overlooked.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's been posted several times...I'm just convinced you're not paying attention and given that you're coming out of the woodwork to be productive now has me highly suspicious of you...

The list was literally posted no more than 5 pages ago. Only thing missing was I couldn't remember the exact reason you were but I knew you were cleared

18 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Truly the only ones "cleared" would be rag, Sanchez and cwood. Rag was cleared by matts d1. Sanchez is cleared because of James and receiving the ultimate ability. I can't remember the exact reason cwood is cleared but I know he's been cleared. 

Jlash is semi cleared because of Bucs. It's not a full clear because Bucs hit him with a sleeping dart but his reaction essentially clears him. 

Mission is semi cleared because of the tlo incident. he claimed to follow TLO the night that malf was killed and went hard after him as mafia. He was right that tlo visited malf. So either mafia knew TLO was bastion or he was telling the truth.

Im only semi cleared because woz witnessed my track on dome N1. That and I've lead the lynches on dome, mookie and RMIB. 

okay, found this post. thank you for letting me know there was one recently.

I'm on board with the Rag, I agree with CWood's reasoning on his clear.

Sanchez knew James was Lucio, but why does that necessarily mean he is a civ? Also, Danger said "Winston" gets the ultimate. Where is the connection between Sanchez and Winston?

Can you clarify the Jlash/Bucs thing?

I don't think the Mission/TLO thing in ANY way clears him. I get your logic, but there are many ways Mission could have learned that TLO visited Malf.

I don't think Woz witnessing you necessarily clears you, but I agree that it most likely means you are civ.

Curious on the jlash thing though. Nothing about that rings a bell to me and I'd like to read back to it if you could give me an approximate date or time.

16 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

That's all well and good. I didn't mean to be calling you out or anything, it was just the most recent post I could find that listed people in that way.

The problem is people (and I'm speaking mostly of untouchable), are treating a whole lot of people like they are "cleared" rather than "feels town".

I've been saying all game that I feel like it's dangerous to use the word "clear" too strongly, because if one of them is wrong is become WAAY too easy for that last mafia to slide through under the pretense of being "cleared". I've seen MANY games where the town knock out all but 1 mafia but the last one is so ingrained as being "town" that they are overlooked.

You crack me up.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

okay, found this post. thank you for letting me know there was one recently.

I'm on board with the Rag, I agree with CWood's reasoning on his clear.

Sanchez knew James was Lucio, but why does that necessarily mean he is a civ? Also, Danger said "Winston" gets the ultimate. Where is the connection between Sanchez and Winston?

Can you clarify the Jlash/Bucs thing?

I don't think the Mission/TLO thing in ANY way clears him. I get your logic, but there are many ways Mission could have learned that TLO visited Malf.

I don't think Woz witnessing you necessarily clears you, but I agree that it most likely means you are civ.

Curious on the jlash thing though. Nothing about that rings a bell to me and I'd like to read back to it if you could give me an approximate date or time.

Hence The "semi" cleared

Archived