Are you Mocking me?

ragevsuall17

Mocks are about to start dominating our little corner of Titania, and while most everyone will post their own on their own thread, this might be a good place to post those we find from experts, draft sites, etc. 

I ran across this one on Titanswire... And the first 3 picks might the best combo I've seen. Overall it's a strong draft I'd be very happy with... Even if we bring in a vet CB... And also still leaves room for a possible late Clowney signing, while also not making us dependant on it... 

Anyway, their thoughts on individual picks can be found here https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/13/tennessee-titans-7-round-mock-draft-simulator-3-0/

Round 1

Pick No. 29: Jeff Gladney | CB | TCU

Round 2

Pick No. 61: Lucas Niang | OT | TCU

Round 3

Pick No. 93: Justin Madubuike | DL | Texas A&M

Round 5

Pick No. 174: Lamical Perine | RB | Florida

Round 7

Pick No. 224: Kendrick Rogers | WR | Texas A&M

Pick No. 237: Rodrigo Blankenship | K | Georgia

Pick No. 242: Bryce Perkins | QB | Virgina

• Like 1

From https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2020-7-rounds-patriots-raiders-colts/x1p3hl1wxmkl14lasxq8y9xlx

29. Tennessee Titans (9-7)

• Josh Jones, OT, Houston

The Titans need to replace Conklin at right tackle to keep their run-blocking sturdy. Jones has terrific athleticism for his size (6-5, 319 pounds) and can support with his toughness and relentless blocking. He is a bit raw, however, as his handwork and footwork both could use refinement to maximize his natural skills.

61. Tennessee Titans

• Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia

Behind Malcolm Butler and Adoree' Jackson, there is a current void with Logan Ryan unsigned. Hall, on track to fully recover from his ankle injury, is a promising, nice-sized corner (6-2, 202 pounds) made to be solid on the perimeter for several seasons. In the short term, with his short-area quickness, he can help with inside coverage.

93. Tennessee Titans

• Khalid Khareem, EDGE, Notre Dame

The Titans need some pass-rush consideration to help Harold Landry more with only Vic Beasley signed in the wake of releasing Cameron Wake. Khareem (6-4, 268 pounds) is a versatile, powerful option.

174. Tennessee Titans: Javon Leake, RB, Maryland

224. Tennessee Titans (from Browns): Garrett Marino, DT, UAB

237. Tennessee Titans (from Patriots through Broncos): Jon Runyan, OT, Michigan

243. Tennessee Titans: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii

From https://www.profootballnetwork.com/7-round-nfl-mock-draft-2020/

#29) Tennessee Titans: Jeff Gladney, CB TCU
Jeff Gladney is an alpha, who is extremely talented and isn’t afraid to let you know. The Titans could stand to give their secondary a boost and Gladney certainly accomplishes that objective.

#61) Tennessee Titans: Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma
It was puzzling that the Titans traded Jurrell Casey to the Broncos for a 2020 7th-round pick. While 2019 first-round pick Jeffrey Simmons was brilliant down the stretch for the Titans, pairing him with the wrecking ball that is Neville Gallimore will make the Tennessee defensive front scary good.

#93) Tennessee Titans: Khalid Kareem, Edge, Notre Dame

#174) Tennessee Titans: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt

#224) Tennessee Titans: Jake Luton, QB, Oregon State

#237) Tennessee Titans: Brandon Walton, OT, FAU

#243) Tennessee Titans: Omar Bayless, WR, Arkansas State

No action, damn.

Anyway, just finished anther mock on the simulator... And if it went anything like this, I'd be ecstatic. Went BPA after the first 3 picks... Wanted to go T earlier, the value just never presented itself. I traded down more than I'd want us to, but got 52, 57, and 84. Think it's just great value, and I still ended up with YGM, one of the top 3 guys I was looking at with the 29th pick. 

I'm using Legwold's rankings (in parenthesis) and explanations for the picks. The rest of his top 100 can be found here  https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29017869/2020-nfl-draft-ranking-top-100-prospects

2nd round

52. Yetur Gross-Matos (22), DE, Penn State, 6-5, 266

Gross-Matos had 35 tackles for loss over the past two seasons and projects to be an impact rusher as he gets stronger. He's had to overcome more than most -- when he was 2, his father drowned while rescuing him, and later in his childhood his brother was killed by lightning.

(This is one of the top 3 guys I was targetting at 29, so still getting him and picks 57 and 84 is a huge steal. He'll rotate in and will help keep our edge rushers fresh throughout games and the season. He becomes a full time starter opposite Landry no later than next year) 

57. Neville Gallimore (63), DT, Oklahoma, 6-2, 304

Gallimore is a high-effort player who ran better than some of the tight ends at the combine. His potential is greater than his production, with no more than four tackles in a game last season. There is just too much speed, quickness and effort to pass up, though.

(I wasn't looking to replace Casey, but I can't pass Gallimore here. He's like his clone, similar length, size, motor, burst, but with what looks like a little more speed. Our front 7 would be downright scary with these first 2 picks). 

61. Bryce Hall (61), CB, Virginia, 6-1¼, 202

Hall had ankle surgery after six games in 2019, but he has the measurables. He was one of three defensive backs at the combine with a wingspan that measured at least 78 inches. He breaks up plays, tallying 44 passes defensed during his four seasons.

(Hall would have been a 1st rounder had he come out last year. Great instincts [44 PBUs in 44 games], toughness and leadership is what you hear and see. Might be more of zone guy, but as much as we may dislike it, it's what we primarily play, and he's a great fit. Good size, good in the run game. Should be able to contribute in the slot this year and take over on the outside next year). 

3rd Round

84. Lloyd Cushenberry III (47), C, LSU, 6-3⅛, 312 

Cushenberry plays with power and athleticism, so he is rarely pushed out of his pass sets by a bull rush. Because LSU played out of three-wide receiver looks with five-man protections, personnel executives have seen him work plenty in a pro-style offense. He is a,smart player whose 84¼-inch wingspan gave him the biggest reach of any interior linemen measured at the combine.

(I really wanted to target RT here, but the value was just too great to pass up here. He's a 2nd round value who some have mentioned as a 1st,and potentially the best C in the class. I can see him pushing for the RG spot and would take over Jones whenever he's done. This looks like a guy we plug in and get a 10 year starter, not something you get often in the 3rd round). 

93. Van Jefferson (57), WR, Florida, 6-1½, 200

He suffered a Jones fracture in his right foot -- it was discovered at the combine -- and underwent surgery in early March. Jefferson has the ability to play multiple receiver spots and the awareness of a coach's son (New York Jets receivers coach Shawn Jefferson).

(Some have him as the most NFL ready WR in the class. Not a burner, but a very versatile and consistent target. Great route runner. Will contribute as a 4th WR and STs to start, and would potentially take over Davis next year). 

174. Davion Taylor (100),OLB, Colorado, 6-0½, 228

Through the years, No. 100 isn't always the 100th-best player, but someone I believe will succeed. Past No. 100s have included wide receiver Brandon Marshall, defensive tackle Akeem Spence and current Seattle Seahawks linebacker Shaquem Griffin. Taylor played a game and a half of high school football because his religion did not permit recreational activities from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. He arrived at Colorado after two years in junior college in Mississippi. He has rare athleticism (10.63 in the 100 meters in junior college), dedication (even though he almost never played in high school, he always practiced), two 60-tackle seasons with the Buffaloes and a eye-popping combine.

(A 5th round slightly undersized athletic LB to potentially take over our current 5th round slightly undersized athletic LB. I love Jayon, was on his bus before the rest of Titania jumped aboard, but he may not be part of our future core and may leave for a bigger paycheck after this year. He probably won't get out of the 4th,maybe the 3rd,but he was available here, and I take what could be a huge steal). 

• Like 1

YGM and Gallimore and Hall, that late, would be an absurdly amazing draft.  I think that's about 30 picks too late to land YGM in real life though.  In FFMD, he went in the 20's.

But I think the sweet spot in this draft is the second and third rounds.  Titans should try to get as many of those Day 2 picks as they can with the talent available at DT, WR, OT, and CB.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm liking.Gladney more and more 

I do too.  

And I don't know how much stock to put into this, if any at all... but looking at the trend of JRob guys, he seems to target guys who aren't "loud"or trash talkers. I'm not saying we should stay away from those guys, just there's a pattern there, right?  And Gladney apparently carries a little of that himself.

Looking at JRob guys, you have Conklin, Henry, Byard, CD, Adoree, Jonnu, Jayon, Evans, Landry.  Those are all tough, blue collar guys... This last class with Simmons and Brown maybe bucks the trend a bit?  Although spitting incident aside, neither have a reputation for trash talkers.  I don't know, maybe I'm reaching here... but Gladney's personality would definitely buck that trend I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

YGM and Gallimore and Hall, that late, would be an absurdly amazing draft.  I think that's about 30 picks too late to land YGM in real life though.  In FFMD, he went in the 20's.

But I think the sweet spot in this draft is the second and third rounds.  Titans should try to get as many of those Day 2 picks as they can with the talent available at DT, WR, OT, and CB.

Yeah, YGM falling like that makes no sense.  I don't expect it... but it does tend to happen.  Landry is a recent example... but it happens every year.  I expect it more out of a guy like Epenesa, who had a bad combine.  

But yeah, I like the thought of getting multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders.  To me at least, it appears that prospects 20 or to 50 are very evenly distributed... and with good decent depth in the late 2nd/early 3rd.  

I saw a tweet earlier that since trading out of the #1 spot, JRob hadn't traded down while trading up 8 times.  So it's interesting to see if he continues the trend, or if he finds a way to move back this year.  

18 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, YGM falling like that makes no sense.  I don't expect it... but it does tend to happen.  Landry is a recent example... but it happens every year.  I expect it more out of a guy like Epenesa, who had a bad combine.  

But yeah, I like the thought of getting multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders.  To me at least, it appears that prospects 20 or to 50 are very evenly distributed... and with good decent depth in the late 2nd/early 3rd.  

I saw a tweet earlier that since trading out of the #1 spot, JRob hadn't traded down while trading up 8 times.  So it's interesting to see if he continues the trend, or if he finds a way to move back this year.  

I think this year is the one we're most likely to see him move back.  We have so few picks, and so many spots that we need depth in.

That said, if they're keeping space for Clowney, and a guy like Epenesa or YGM actually did fall to 29, I think that would change things.  Then, they'd be free to pick whatever for depth, then use the unused cap space to sign a bunch of depth FAs in the remaining spots of need.  Though I do think they've done a good job of addressing every need to some degree, except RB, QB, and WR.

54 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I do too.  

And I don't know how much stock to put into this, if any at all... but looking at the trend of JRob guys, he seems to target guys who aren't "loud"or trash talkers. I'm not saying we should stay away from those guys, just there's a pattern there, right?  And Gladney apparently carries a little of that himself.

Looking at JRob guys, you have Conklin, Henry, Byard, CD, Adoree, Jonnu, Jayon, Evans, Landry.  Those are all tough, blue collar guys... This last class with Simmons and Brown maybe bucks the trend a bit?  Although spitting incident aside, neither have a reputation for trash talkers.  I don't know, maybe I'm reaching here... but Gladney's personality would definitely buck that trend I think.

KB is definitely a trash talker lol.. I played ball with him at MT. He might not talk trash when the media is around but on the field he is definitely a talker. I don’t think Robinson would go away from Gladney for those reasons.

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I do too.  

Evans apparently chirps a lot. According to the Browns radio guys he and Butler wouldn’t shut up during our week 1 matchup