Jaguars listening to offers for Leonard Fournette

pwny

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I would too, IF there isn't more behind all of this than we think.

Sorry, but if they want to turn this around and they're bringing in a bunch of young guys I don't want to force keeping an average (I know some here think he's better than that, but that's my opinion of him) RB that could cause issues while you're trying to fix past issues. Culture isn't going to be great when you're coming off back to back losing seasons, and if there's a guy at a replaceable position that I view as easily replaceable no thanks on keeping that headache that could hinder development in that area.

A 5th seems reasonable cuz what howard got was a conditional 6th that could go to a 5th

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Paid millions...and you cant stay awake in a damn meeting.

Wasn't that public knowledge before? His behavior and stuff around the time of his midseason rehab, including not showing up to PT sessions and falling asleep during meetings was part of why they traded for Carlos Hyde.

13 minutes ago, pwny said:

Wasn't that public knowledge before? His behavior and stuff around the time of his midseason rehab, including not showing up to PT sessions and falling asleep during meetings was part of why they traded for Carlos Hyde.

Yeah, that was reported a couple years ago.

Think that report pertaining to this past year had more to do with him complaining to get him the ball/moping around to coaches because of it (while getting the ball all the time).

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It’s definitely possible. If it was posted on FF I probably saw it but don’t remember and also dont use Twitter 

9 hours ago, pwny said:

This is the whole thing that happened, where Coughlin went crusading against Fournette because he, "was taking too long to heal" and basically just other nonsense about him being annoyed that Fournette wasn't just ready to go when Coughlin wanted him to be.  It's literally at the heart of the whole grievances situation with the NFLPA, where Coughlin was basically just making **** up and railing on players he was unhappy with.

It was bad enough that the NFLPA actually sent out a letter to their members, warning them against signing with this organization, because such an unusual number of grievances were made against them.

32 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This is the whole thing that happened, where Coughlin went crusading against Fournette because he, "was taking too long to heal" and basically just other nonsense about him being annoyed that Fournette wasn't just ready to go when Coughlin wanted him to be.  It's literally at the heart of the whole grievances situation with the NFLPA, where Coughlin was basically just making **** up and railing on players he was unhappy with.

It was bad enough that the NFLPA actually sent out a letter to their members, warning them against signing with this organization, because such an unusual number of grievances were made against them.

I’m aware of all the Coughlin stuff, and have railed on all of it extremely hard. I’m also aware of a lot of player grievances that haven’t been made public. But Fournette has been far from a model citizen. He’s admitted to missing team mandated meetings, team photos (he literally flew out of state to miss a team mandated picture day), and there’s been repeated reports of him showing up late (that could be on Coughlin time late), falling asleep in meetings, and not even going to his rehab sessions. He also showed up midseason in 2018 completely out of shape and looking about 20lbs overweight. 

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m aware of all the Coughlin stuff, and have railed on all of it extremely hard. I’m also aware of a lot of player grievances that haven’t been made public. But Fournette has been far from a model citizen. He’s admitted to missing team mandated meetings, team photos (he literally flew out of state to miss a team mandated picture day), and there’s been repeated reports of him showing up late (that could be on Coughlin time late), falling asleep in meetings, and not even going to his rehab sessions. He also showed up midseason in 2018 completely out of shape and looking about 20lbs overweight. 

I mean, that's fair.  Fournette hasn't been a model citizen.  But it still all fundamentally comes back to the same stuff that's going on with Yan right now.  A guy who is a model citizen by most accounts.  Though now, suddenly we've got the media out here working overtime in the pandemic to make Yan look like a schlub and make fans want him gone.  Its what this team does.  Trying to sell Yan as a guy we've gotta unload, just to get rid of him...the same way they treat Fournette.

This is how you make your team an unattractive landing spot.  Smearing guys all over the place.  I mean, as much as Fournette hasn't appeared to be a model citizen...other teams are still interested and think they can get a lot out of him.  It's like our front office is more interested in winning the "fan perception" battle...than the actual war, to win a title.

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, that's fair.  Fournette hasn't been a model citizen.  But it still all fundamentally comes back to the same stuff that's going on with Yan right now.  A guy who is a model citizen by most accounts.  Though now, suddenly we've got the media out here working overtime in the pandemic to make Yan look like a schlub and make fans want him gone.  Its what this team does.  Trying to sell Yan as a guy we've gotta unload, just to get rid of him...the same way they treat Fournette.

This is how you make your team an unattractive landing spot.  Smearing guys all over the place.  I mean, as much as Fournette hasn't appeared to be a model citizen...other teams are still interested and think they can get a lot out of him.  It's like our front office is more interested in winning the "fan perception" battle...than the actual war, to win a title.

I don’t disagree. The team’s handling of a lot of things had been not great. I don’t really want to air everyone’s private grievances publicly, but I’ve mentioned a handful of these things to some other guys privately. There’s a lot of messiness all around the team, both what’s seen privately and stuff behind the scenes. And there’s a number of coaches and front office people who probably shouldn’t be on the team anymore as well.

And as I mentioned in the Yan thread, what Tony did today just doesn’t look good alongside all of this other stuff. From all I’ve seen, Tony has largely been an athlete advocate through all his endeavors; Jags, Fulham and AEW, but doing what he did earlier for some twitter clout does nothing but really reinforce that notion that the team is out of touch and doesn’t get it. Yan went out today with the intent of wanting to push public opinion harder against him remaining a Jaguar, and Tony ended up doing all the legwork for him, while giving credence to the idea that the team doesn’t care about players.

But with Fournette, there’s been a good deal of concerns that he just isn’t a good teammate, and it may be time to move on from him. Maybe a fresh start does him some good, but things aren’t great for how he’s behaving here.

And yes, the Jacksonville media is trash. Most of them largely act like PR for the Jaguars front office. And there’s some pretty bad hatred for the local media by a number of former and current players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pwny said:

I don’t disagree. The team’s handling of a lot of things had been not great. I don’t really want to air everyone’s private grievances publicly, but I’ve mentioned a handful of these things to some other guys privately. There’s a lot of messiness all around the team, both what’s seen privately and stuff behind the scenes. And there’s a number of coaches and front office people who probably shouldn’t be on the team anymore as well.

And as I mentioned in the Yan thread, what Tony did today just doesn’t look good alongside all of this other stuff. From all I’ve seen, Tony has largely been an athlete advocate through all his endeavors; Jags, Fulham and AEW, but doing what he did earlier for some twitter clout does nothing but really reinforce that notion that the team is out of touch and doesn’t get it. Yan went out today with the intent of wanting to push public opinion harder against him remaining a Jaguar, and Tony ended up doing all the legwork for him, while giving credence to the idea that the team doesn’t care about players.

But with Fournette, there’s been a good deal of concerns that he just isn’t a good teammate, and it may be time to move on from him. Maybe a fresh start does him some good, but things aren’t great for how he’s behaving here.

And yes, the Jacksonville media is trash. Most of them largely act like PR for the Jaguars front office. And there’s some pretty bad hatred for the local media by a number of former and current players.

I'm just so done with all of it.  Maybe Fournette isn't a model citizen...but this whole thing is a pattern, and at some point...you have to ask yourself, where does bleeding end?

14 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm just so done with all of it.  Maybe Fournette isn't a model citizen...but this whole thing is a pattern, and at some point...you have to ask yourself, where does bleeding end?

Hopefully whatever happens this offseason is the end of the garbage. 

• Like 2