Jaguars cut WR Marqise Lee

.Buzz

K bye Quise.

It was completely inevitable.  But also didn't really need to happen right before the draft.  Doing in right when they did...almost makes me think they're not looking at WR at 9 or even 20.  Like the most half-assed of reverse smoke-screens.

17 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Wonder if they are trying to make the WR-needy teams sweat before the draft?

Given the top-end depth of this WR class, it's kinda hard to see it really making them sweat that much.  I guess maybe it makes someone think about trying to leap the Jaguars to make sure they get their guy as the first receiver off the board.  But that seems pretty doubtful to work.  There are too many good WR prospects this year, to make anyone really sweat i'd think.  Even if you miss out on the first tier of guys...there's a huge glob of good prospects who you'll be able to grab at least one of when it comes back around to the 2nd round again.

I'd almost think it stands a better chance of having a team just pick up Lee rather than drafting some guy in the 2nd or 3rd round or something.  But whatever team would do that, is an idiot.