Steelers 2020 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

bigben07MVP

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think the most disappointing thing about this draft is that once again Daniel McCullers is gonna get handed a roster spot due to lack of competition at the position 

We really didn't have any options at NT in the third or fourth rounds.  

I was really hoping for Davon Hamilton in round 3.  I dont know how someone can be 310 LBS and not be the least bit fat but he was gone.  In order to have obtained a NT, we would have really reached.  

I'd expect Wormley to be the starter.

18 hours ago, August4th said:

I guess Alex has never heard of Calais Campbell (6'8" 300lbs) or Ed "Too Tall" Jones, who was 6'9".  Margus Hunt is 6'8" as well...

Some of these guys have learned to be great players at that height.  Sure, their are disadvantages, but their are also advantages...

So...since I was interested to see...turns out, 2 of the 6 players we drafted yesterday are the same age as Fitzpatrick, and were born a few months earlier...so technically, being older than Minkah.

So, while in the past, some fans, or writers, wouldn't consider Minkah as being part of our draft class, because he's already and NFL pro, and I could even see the point if the vet player was like 28 YO or something, but Minkah fits in perfectly within the age group of our new draftees...

...and as one writer mentioned, our #135, 4th Rd pick was roughly 25 picks earlier than our pick before that trade, which was even more of a bonus !!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

So...since I was interested to see...turns out, 2 of the 6 players we drafted yesterday are the same age as Fitzpatrick, and were born a few months earlier...so technically, being older than Minkah.

So, while in the past, some fans, or writers, wouldn't consider Minkah as being part of our draft class, because he's already and NFL pro, and I could even see the point if the vet player was like 28 YO or something, but Minkah fits in perfectly within the age group of our new draftees...

...and as one writer mentioned, our #135, 4th Rd pick was roughly 25 picks earlier than our pick before that trade, which was even more of a bonus !!

People kept forgetting we got Miami’s 4th in that deal as well...hidden bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

We really didn't have any options at NT in the third or fourth rounds.  

I was really hoping for Davon Hamilton in round 3.  I dont know how someone can be 310 LBS and not be the least bit fat but he was gone.  In order to have obtained a NT, we would have really reached.  

I'd expect Wormley to be the starter.

Wormley isn't a NT in any regard. The FO said as much, referred to him as DE Depth 

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Daniel McCullers, he is the only NT on the roster.

That's not true.  It all depends on your definition of NT.  Traditional occupy 2 hole clogger?  Yes.  Penetrating NT like Hargraves?  There are a few.  However, they don't appear to be as good as Hargrave.  

8 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

That's not true.  It all depends on your definition of NT.  Traditional occupy 2 hole clogger?  Yes.  Penetrating NT like Hargraves?  There are a few.  However, they don't appear to be as good as Hargrave.  

a few?

I mean Wormley isn't a NT, he just isn't. Alualu, alright but imo, that's about it. Daniel McCullers shouldn't even be on the roster 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

a few?

I mean Wormley isn't a NT, he just isn't. Alualu, alright but imo, that's about it. Daniel McCullers shouldn't even be on the roster 

Alualua. Wormley played it in Balt in Sub packages and actually was pretty good at it. Buggs has played it and now they have Davis. That's 4 in addition to McCuller's. But I don't disagree that none are ideal. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 1

Question on Claypool...people keep trying to compare him to Funchess, and some have compared him to Calvin Johnson, which, you can't even say would be his ceiling..that's likely his ceiling + aother floor, lol...

...anyway, to me, I see a closer resemblance to Vincent Jackson, and TBH, I think coming out, that would be his closest comp IRT physical features...

VJ - 6'4 3/4", 241, 4.46 40 back in 2005

Chase - 6'4 1/4". 238, 4.42 40 in 2020

That is who I am hoping he can become...VJ was a nightmare at his peak...if we can get that type of production out of him, then watch-out!!  Haha...

• Like 3