GERM-X 1st and Only Bronco Mock Draft

germ-x

Alright here it is.

1st Round: #10

Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama- I’m sticking with my prediction on 3/30 in the 2020 Prospect Thread.  “My gut feeling is Denver moves up to 9 or 10 to jump the Jets, Raiders, and 49ers and that they make Henry Ruggs the 1st WR taken in the draft.”  Denver gives up #83 and a 2021 3rd to move up to #10 with the Browns.  Ruggs adds needed speed to the offense and takes heat off of #1 WR Courtland Sutton.

2nd Round: #46

Matt Hennessy, OC, Temple- Denver locks in their OC for the next decade as well as their interior offensive line for 3+ years with Risner, Hennessy, Glasgow.  A smart, athletic, and tough player he’s a guy Mike Munchak will love.

3rd Round: #77

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn- Munchak remains happy with back to back picks along the OL.  It appears Denver doesn’t want to pick up Bolles 5th year option and Tega Wanogho, a former soccer/basketball player, gives Munchak a player to groom as a potential replacement.

3rd Round: #95

Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State- Dantzler’s tape is better than his timed speed (a combine 4.6+), but in a year like this the unpredictable nature of this draft has him slide as he won’t be for everyone.  Denver doesn’t require elite physical attributes from their CBs making it less of a gamble for Denver.

4th Round: #118

Joe Bachie, LB, Michigan State- Bachie is an instinctive LB that’s always around the football.  While he didn’t blow up the combine he timed well and has solid production defending the pass.

5th Round: #178

Geno Stone, S, Iowa- Denver might need to trade up to grab Stone, but in this case I have him available.  His game is very similar to Will Parks and he can backup at safety and also work some as a nickel CB.  He’s small and didn’t time well, which pushed him down the board. 

6th Round: #181

Robert Windsor, DL, Penn State- I don’t know much about Windsor other than Denver had a virtual visit with him.  Denver could use depth along the DL, so enter Windsor at 6’4” 290 pounds.

7th Round: #252

Kendall Hinton, WR, Wake Forest- Former QB that is new to WR.  Good athlete and reportedly smart player.  Has a chance to make it in the NFL as a slot WR.

7th Round: #254

John Penisini, NT, Utah- Another big body to add to the DL at 320 pounds.  He doesn’t offer much in terms of pass rush, but is a stout run defender and helped Utah to one of the best defenses in college football in 2019.

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

It's a good realistic mock. I don't love the value of Hennessy at 46 but he probably doesn't make it to 77. Getting Dantzler late 3rd kinda compensates for it. 

There's some real serious talent that's going to go off the board between 46 and 77. Guys like Hennessey. 

I really think we're going to see some draft trades trying to bridge that gap.

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

There's some real serious talent that's going to go off the board between 46 and 77. Guys like Hennessey. 

I really think we're going to see some draft trades trying to bridge that gap.

Yup. In every mock scenario I've looked at, the late 2nd is the sweet spot in this draft. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Hennesey to me fills a gap we've been missing.  Sort of along the lines of a Bill Bryan or Nalen. May not make a lot of pro bowls but will give you a dozen years or so of high quality play.

I really am a fan of stability at center.