The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

WOW! 

Madden ruined football for people like myself. Gives the rest of these normies a false sense of intelligence. The 97% of people that talk about football are so damn oblivious it is truly painful.

Failure to recognize Carr as possessing an elite skillset and Football IQ is the easiest way to figure out a fans intelligence level.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

If we trade Carr who do you expect we'd bring in as our starting QB for next year? Carr was just near the top of the league in passing yards so I'm sure Adams will get a lot of opportunities to prove he's worth the contract. 

I do not think Adam's lives up to his GB numbers with Carr.  So much of Adams game was him and Rodgers working well together when plays break down.  Something Carr does not do.  Maybe he changes that this year but if not Adam's numbers will take a hit.  Now there is very little in FA but there was not a lot to begin with.  We would need to pull off a trade or draft one and neither situation is ideal.  This does not change the fact that if Carr comes in with ridiculous contract demands you need to look in a different direction.  I would just make him play out his contract and then tag him next year.  I have gone over this already and there are ways to stop him from trying to sit out.  If he does not change his stance I would be looking for a good opportunity to trade him which I believe would be after the season but before the 2023 draft.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think Adam's lives up to his GB numbers with Carr.  So much of Adams game was him and Rodgers working well together when plays break down.  Something Carr does not do.  Maybe he changes that this year but if not Adam's numbers will take a hit.  Now there is very little in FA but there was not a lot to begin with.  We would need to pull off a trade or draft one and neither situation is ideal.  This does not change the fact that if Carr comes in with ridiculous contract demands you need to look in a different direction.  I would just make him play out his contract and then tag him next year.  I have gone over this already and there are ways to stop him from trying to sit out.  If he does not change his stance I would be looking for a good opportunity to trade him which I believe would be after the season but before the 2023 draft.

Adams'numbers will take a hit because Carr spreads the love. Aaron didnt have a plan B and C like Waller and Renfrow to throw to either. 

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Adams had over 3,000 yards and almost 40 TD in 26 games with Carr at Fresno State, they balled out together. He's not going to get the same target share but McDaniels will find a way to get him the ball and we've seen time and time again that Carr targets guys that he likes/trusts more then other players. 

We literally have zero idea what is going on with Carr's extension. McDaniels made one comment about finding the sweet spot that works well for the player and the team and everyone on here is freaking out like Carr demanded $60M APY, lol. 

Carr isn't playing another down for us if we don't extend him before the season. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Adams'numbers will take a hit because Carr spreads the love. Aaron didnt have a plan B and C like Waller and Renfrow to throw to either. 

We've seen Carr go extremely target happy with his #1 option over the last two seasons. 

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

A down year for Rodgers is a great year for Carr.  It is not about the weapons.  Rodgers turns average players into weapons.  

33 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Depends on the QB but I believe Renfrow is going to be a trusted asset by any QB that comes in.  If we bring in a QB that throws for 2,500 yards and 15 TDs do you think Adams is going to live up to his contract.  Renfrow would probably still get paid but not by us under those circumstances.  You are also proving my point about paying WRs.  The Adams trade does not look good for us unless the o-line plays well leading to Carr having a much improved year and allowing Adams to produce at a GB level.  WRs are to dependent on other positions to do well.

The OL doesn’t need to play well for carr to get the ball to Adams. Him and renfrow get open pretty quick. It’s not like he needs to hold it for 3+ seconds.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

A down year for Rodgers is a great year for Carr.  It is not about the weapons.  Rodgers turns average players into weapons.  

Carr has more yards over the last two seasons, Rodger's TD production is just way better, lol.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Adams had over 3,000 yards and almost 40 TD in 26 games with Carr at Fresno State, they balled out together. He's not going to get the same target share but McDaniels will find a way to get him the ball and we've seen time and time again that Carr targets guys that he likes/trusts more then other players. 

We literally have zero idea what is going on with Carr's extension. McDaniels made one comment about finding the sweet spot that works well for the player and the team and everyone on here is freaking out like Carr demanded $60M APY, lol. 

Carr isn't playing another down for us if we don't extend him before the season. 

There is a familiarity between the two but they are not going against Mountain West DBs.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr has more yards over the last two seasons, Rodger's TD production is just way better, lol.

Carr threw for a lot of yards last year but Rodgers yards per attempt is better (7.8 to 7.1) and the TDs and Ints are not even close.  If you watch the games Rodgers just does stuff Carr can not even think about doing.  The situations where Carr panics are the same situations that Rodgers will just extend and throw a TD.  It is not fair comparing Carr to Rodgers but when talking about Adams you have to.  I think Adams still has a really good year but not what most are expecting.

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Oh, like Nelson Agholor, Zay Jones, Rod Streater, Andre Holmes, Michael Rivera etc lol 

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The OL doesn’t need to play well for carr to get the ball to Adams. Him and renfrow get open pretty quick. It’s not like he needs to hold it for 3+ seconds.

What sets Adans apart from other WRs is his production when things breakdown.  Carr has not shown the ability to do what Rodgers does on a regular basis when things breakdown.