Licht's day two recap

bucsfan333

9 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

I give day 2 a soild B+ the winfield pick is easily a A+ and the Vaughn is a B- 

Overall the right postions and only one pick that we didnt all love.

I mean. Nobody likes the Vaughn pick because nobody knows who he is. It has nothing to do with whether or not he's good.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, bucsfan333 said:

I like Taylor in the first.

CEH, Swift, and Dobbins in the second. In order.

Akers and Moss in the third. In order.

Gibson, Perine, and McFarland in the fourth. In order.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:56 AM, bucsfan333 said:

There are a lotta RBs I don't know much (or anything) about. So we'll probably draft them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Time for RoJo to produce. He is the clear cut #1 and deservingly so. Honestly we could of just addressed a lineman and I would of been happier. Freeman, Reddick, Miller, and Hyde could regulate as backups. Guess we wanted save money?

The way Licht reacted to the question about RBs available when we were otc in the second, he wasn't terribly impressed.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The way Licht reacted to the question about RBs available when we were otc in the second, he wasn't terribly impressed.

RBs dont make or break offense. Value just isnt there. In this pass league gotta be able to catch and protect. Can he do it? We’ll see. Despite what people say about Dare I thought he did well on third downs.

• Like 1

Just now, indifference said:

RBs dont make or break offense. Value just isnt there. In this pass league gotta be able to catch and protect. Can he do it? We’ll see. Despite what people say about Dare I thought he did well on third downs.

Dare was a fine blocker, but it seemed that defenses knew when he was out there we would never run the ball with him, i think vaughn will be the perfect threat to be able to block, catch the dump off pass, or even fake the defense with a run on 3rds.

Vaughn was probably our guy in the 4th but once we traded that away and wasn't good enough value to trade back some slots they decide to draft him in the 3rd, looking at the board i don't think the titans or the raiders take those RBs before vaughn, but no ones knows the other teams BB so they played it safe and took their guy.

• Like 3

Just now, djw4bucs said:

Vaughn was probably our guy in the 4th but once we traded that away and wasn't good enough value to trade back some slots they decide to draft him in the 3rd, looking at the board i don't think the titans or the raiders take those RBs before vaughn, but no ones knows the other teams BB so they played it safe and took their guy.

I think that's the biggest, least talked about part of this draft. NOBODY knows anything about other team's big boards. Every other year scouts compare notes and a consensus is formed, for the most part. That didn't happen this year. So guys are ranked all over the place.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I think that's the biggest, least talked about part of this draft. NOBODY knows anything about other team's big boards. Every other year scouts compare notes and a consensus is formed, for the most part. That didn't happen this year. So guys are ranked all over the place.

I guarantee that moss would have gone way before his pick if teams saw him more in person to see how healthy he was,

minor ankle injuries, Sept. 2018

meniscus surgery, Nov. 2018 

left AC joint separation, Sept. 2019

hamstring strain, March 2020   

Thats not a great look for a running back, sure he would start off being our 3rd down back but i wouldnt wanna pay a guy if he gets injured again within the next two years just not a good sign.

the main reason we probably took vaughn was his big play potential and his great pass blocking, and he only has had minor injuries nothing really major to make him miss many games

• Like 1

8 hours ago, indifference said:

Guess we wanted save money?

This ^ 100%

but even then i like Vaughn

the Akers vs Vaughn stats comp REALLY opened my eyes a little bit

Vaughn is an underrated RB from the SEC

i think he gets quite a bit of carries this year spelling Rojo and if his blocking as good as advertised he might even more than Rojo

• Like 1