With the 157th pick, the Jaguars select S Daniel Thomas

pwny

9 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

he means we should have used the choice for a Guy for the offense  wether it be a RB, WR, TE, OL and considering we signed JR Reed im not sure thomas beats him out tbh

I figured and to my point at pick 157,  shouldn’t you take the highest rated player you got?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I figured and to my point at pick 157,  shouldn’t you take the highest rated player you got?

Yeah.

Thomas probably wouldn't have been my pick here, and i don't necessarily see a lot there.  But by the time you're this deep in a draft...you can't exactly expect anybody you're picking to "help" immediately anyway.  Have to just pick players you think are going to be contributors in some function over the long-term...and hopefully with some upside.

Having a bit of depth at SS doesn't hurt.  Especially if he can play a bit of a "moneybacker" role if they decide to use that here and there.  He's also got enough coverage skill to be more than just a strict "box safety".  And enough speed to be a contributing STer.  So...i'm not going to cheerlead the pick, but i don't mind it and it makes enough sense to me.