Grade the draft picks

JAF-N72EX

Jaylon Johnson is a Top 25 talent that fell because of injuries. I wanted him at 19. Bears always getting the last laugh... Johnson is a shutdown corner. 

Pretty happy with Arnette though. The real workhorse of that Ohio State secondary and the real shut down guy of #1 WR’s (not saying he’s better than Okudah). 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jaylon Johnson is a Top 25 talent that fell because of injuries. I wanted him at 19. Bears always getting the last laugh... Johnson is a shutdown corner. 

Pretty happy with Arnette though. The real workhorse of that Ohio State secondary and the real shut down guy of #1 WR’s (not saying he’s better than Okudah). 

Robertson was a nice pickup for you guys too. A little too small to outside but he has the potential to be a good nickel or sub package player. 

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I guess nows a good time to do a full evaluation of the Mack trade now that all the picks have been exercised.  Maybe I’ll do that in the morning when I’m working.

• Like 1

Just now, CBears019 said:

I guess nows a good time to do a full evaluation of the Mack trade now that all the picks have been exercised.  Maybe I’ll do that in the morning when I’m working.

Shouldn't you be catching bad guys at work instead of playing on your laptop? Pff.....see people, this is what's wrong with law enforcement. B|

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Shouldn't you be catching bad guys at work instead of playing on your laptop? Pff.....see people, this is what's wrong with law enforcement. B|

*quarantine law enforcement.  

And a detective at that.  And we normally never have detectives working on Sundays.  But quarantine has 4 of us working tomorrow.  So long as no one gets shot, I’m not leaving my desk.  

**furiously knocks on wood that there are no violent crimes tomorrow between 8-8**

• Like 1

*quarantine law enforcement.  

And a detective at that.  And we normally never have detectives working on Sundays.  But quarantine has 4 of us working tomorrow.  So long as no one gets shot, I’m not leaving my desk.  

**furiously knocks on wood that there are no violent crimes tomorrow between 8-8**

Ahh ok. Yeah I knew you made detective but I guess I was always under the impression that detectives usually worked weekends.  Or is that only at certain times that is called for (new case, or major case, etc)?

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Criminals must be quarantining too. 

Lol. Actually from what I've been reading, violent crimes have been down across the board but DV cases have sky rocketed (family spending a little TOO much together which makes sense).

Edit: Either that or there are criminals still doing criminal things and Cbears is on their pay roll.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Ahh ok. Yeah I knew you made detective but I guess I was always under the impression that detectives usually worked weekends.  Or is that only at certain times that is called for (new case, or major case, etc)?

So we have 7 detectives - 5 general case (basically what you see on law and order type TV shows), and 2 “TAC” detectives (gangs/drugs in mostly civilian clothes with crappy looking beards).  I’m general case (we dress fancy and look super awesome).  We work M-F, but there’s always one of us on-call for an entire week.  The on-call detective works M-Sa (then get the following Friday off).  So normally one one detective works Saturday and no one on Sundays, unless there’s a call-in.  But quarantine has us all split into different teams and working 12 hour shifts (normally 8), which means full weekend coverage.

Theres more to it, but that’s the gist of it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lol. Actually from what I've been reading, violent crimes have been down across the board but DV cases have sky rocketed (family spending a little TOO much together which makes sense).

Edit: Either that or there are criminals still doing criminal things and Cbears is on their pay roll.

We haven’t experienced a big change in much of anything (....maybe all of our residents are just always unemployed....).  Calls for service are definitely down.  I’m sure there’s more DV and child abuse going on, just not being reported.  I’d say 99% of reports of child abuse come through teachers, school social workers, etc, so obviously with schools closed, we’re not getting those reports.

We haven’t experienced a big change in much of anything (....maybe all of our residents are just always unemployed....).  Calls for service are definitely down.  I’m sure there’s more DV and child abuse going on, just not being reported.  I’d say 99% of reports of child abuse come through teachers, school social workers, etc, so obviously with schools closed, we’re not getting those reports.

That's surprising. But I guess it is Chicago so...

That's also really sad to hear about child abuse having to be reported by teachers or other school officials and not the kids themselves or other family members.