A LOOK AT 2021 WITH PICK #22

Karnage84

My last mock was using The Draft Network and Vegas' prediction that we'll hold the #7 overall pick. Being a bit more optimistic, I have put together a draft where we are sitting at pick #22. This is the same pick that the Vikings picked with a 10-6 record in the 2020 Draft. I had to use the Cowboys to get the sim to run correctly but it's close enough for now. 

We need some help at LB as the Lions lose (if it is considered a loss) Jarrad Davis. Marvin Jones and Danny Amendola are gone, leaving KG as our key guy out wide. We'll likely need to add someone in FA but also look to the draft to restock the cupboard. Kerryon and/or Scarborough could both be moving on. Sermon is added as another option at RB. For a team that wants to run the ball, we are likely going to see a RB or two added every year or every other year. Shelvin is a big dude and was considered to be a 1st round talent for this years draft. There are guys like that who do slip as teams look closer but he's still a talented player. Thompson is a guy that I liked coming in this year before he decided to go back to school. Fits a lot of the Lions profiles in a LB. Chase is a speedy WR with a bit more size and Tonga is another Shelton-esque type of guy. 

#22 - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

#54 - Tamorrion Terry, WR, Florida State

#86 - Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU

#99 - Damar Hamilin, S, Pittsburgh

#125 - Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State

#137 - Ben Petrula, OT, Boston College

#177 - Erroll Thompson, LB, Mississippi State

#219 - TJ Chase, WR, Clemson

#246 - Khyris Tonga, NT, BYU

16 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Agreed I LOVE parsons 

If he's the prospect that they say he is I don't think he's going to be there at #22 but I'll take it for now. There's a lot of football that might not be played between now and then. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

It’s way far out... but I doubt Parsons is there at 22 when all is said and done.

Agreed. This is just how the board fell using the Fanspeak simulator on difficult. However, there are guys that we assume at the beginning of CFB season to be top 10 picks that wind up becoming late first or even drop to other rounds. Early mocks had the Lions selecting Epenesa at #7 overall and he went at pick #54. Damontre Moore had been mocked at 1st overall early on in 2013 and was a 3rd round pick. 

I'm not suggesting that Parsons is either of these guys but there's always a chance. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lions017 said:

It's early, but I like the idea of this. We will definitely need a young WR to pair with Golladay and a good LB would be a great fit. 

This is like the early bird to the early bird. It's more about the concept and identifying some guys that fit the Lions h/w/s principles.