Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

My thinking is that the team was just tired and mentally worn out. 3 tough road games in a row is rough.

Getting back home should do everyone a lot of good.

I hope this is the case. I don't get NFL schedule makers giving a team three straight road games. Seems a bit much.

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we all knew when the schedules were released that the last half of ours would be tough.

what we didn't know is that we'd be 10-3 and fighting for the #1 and #2 seedings.

we all need to R-E-L-A-X.....

Just so long as you don't follow this statement up by telling us to run out and buy State Farm insurance lol.

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

we all knew when the schedules were released that the last half of ours would be tough.

what we didn't know is that we'd be 10-3 and fighting for the #1 and #2 seedings.

we all need to R-E-L-A-X.....

I think most of us are pretty relaxed, just some ongoing disagreement about Keenum

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yeah i know, i like how our fanbase here is dealing with today's loss.

You can’t win them all, and I think a loss like this will refocus the team. But the biggest positive to take away from this game, despite the loss, is that we came back from an 11 point deficit, on the road, and against a good team and a very good defense. 

That’s something that we hadn’t seen from Keenum and this offense. Unfortunately we couldn’t complete the comeback, but the offense showed that it’s capable. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

You can’t win them all, and I think a loss like this will refocus the team. But the biggest positive to take away from this game, despite the loss, is that we came back from an 11 point deficit, on the road, and against a good team and a very good defense. 

That’s something that we haven’t seen from Keenum and this offense, yet. Unfortunately we couldn’t complete the comeback, but the offense showed that it’s capable. 

We certainly have Thielen to thank for another big play, most of which was YAC.

Keenum didn't stand a chance behind this OL with the injuries. Losing Elflein and Reiff hurt tremendously.

Need to get healthy up front and focused defensively. Fortunately, not many QBs play like Cam does. 

I think we need to hope that a Keenum shakes this game off and returns to the level of play in the LAR and DET games. He was making accurate throws and hitting most of the right plays. 

If he plays like he did today or before the bye week, the remaining games will likely be close - maybe even another loss or two. 

I have so much faith in the strengths of the team (coaching/game planning, the defense as a whole, the offensive system) that I think they will be in every game with a chance to win, whether pre-bye Keenum or hot streak Keenum shows up and that is a really good feeling heading toward the post season.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But the biggest positive to take away from this game, despite the loss, is that we came back from an 11 point deficit, on the road, and against a good team and a very good defense. 

That’s something that we hadn’t seen from Keenum and this offense. Unfortunately we couldn’t complete the comeback, but the offense showed that it’s capable. 

Hmmm interesting.  For me the biggest take away on the positive side is that the loss happened on the back of mostly uncharacteristic play all around from the team.

A negative for me is that we still don't know Keenum can rally this team, in large part because he failed to do so today.

1st TD was a nice throw from him but Thielen was also very responsible for the TD.  No reason to take anything from Case there tho.

Then the defense put them in a golden opportunity to get the lead and Keenum really faltered.

Finally he had a chance at the end of the game with time to drive down for a score and totally wiffed imo.  Which echoes his performances in similar situations this season (two minute drill to close out the half against LAR and ATL).

None of this says he's incapable, but he hasn't done much with his opportunities in high leverage situations to date.

I don't think you can speak negatively of Keenum in two minute drills prior to today. They had scored more points than any team in the last two minutes of the first halves of games. They haven't been in that situation at the end of games because they have been winning pretty comfortably.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think you’re giving Case enough credit on the throw. It was perfectly placed and he threaded it into a tight window amongst 3 defenders. 

It was a great throw, put Thielen in a position to do damage after the catch. Point being is the offense needed a 50+ yard catch and runTD to get back in the game, I didn't feel good about this offense driving the down the field and scoring more methodically. It's not all on Keenum, OL did him no favors and the receivers had some bad drops.

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I don't think you can speak negatively of Keenum in two minute drills prior to today. They had scored more points than any team in the last two minutes of the first halves of games. They haven't been in that situation at the end of games because they have been winning pretty comfortably.

Two minute drill last week was pretty pathetic.

Its true we haven't seen much of it, but the small sample size isn't overly encouraging.

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

receivers had some bad drops.

Other than Rudolph's and Thielen in the front corner of the EZ, what bad drops were there? Honestly can't fully remember.

There was Diggs' drop, but that was honestly a tough catch....Thielen's overturned TD? Also a tough catch

17 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Hmmm interesting.  For me the biggest take away on the positive side is that the loss happened on the back of mostly uncharacteristic play all around from the team.

A negative for me is that we still don't know Keenum can rally this team, in large part because he failed to do so today.

1st TD was a nice throw from him but Thielen was also very responsible for the TD.  No reason to take anything from Case there tho.

Then the defense put them in a golden opportunity to get the lead and Keenum really faltered.

Finally he had a chance at the end of the game with time to drive down for a score and totally wiffed imo.  Which echoes his performances in similar situations this season (two minute drill to close out the half against LAR and ATL).

None of this says he's incapable, but he hasn't done much with his opportunities in high leverage situations to date.

I think these types of expectations are too much for Case. Case is capable of making plays and helping win games, but he should not be expected to carry us and we do need take advantage of the opportunities he gives us. 

Archived