Can a Case be made for Keenum...?

vike daddy

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

That'd be an interesting move given the record.

At this point, the only way I see Teddy starting is due to injury.

That's probably how it plays out. I don't think any HC would have the guts to make a switch at the QB position this late in the year given HFA is at stake. But we're kind of in a unique situation and we know Zimmer has called out Keenum as being an excitable player. 

I was pretty upset at Keenum and the team Sunday. I felt it was a game an elite top-tier team wins even in the face of adversity and mistakes. Then I watched MNF football and watched Tom Brady, the best QB to ever play the game, play as good or worse than Keenum did Sunday.

If it can happen to Brady, that means Keenum isn't immune to an off week.

Keenum will bounce back this week. I have full faith in him.

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think Keenum is going to have to play worse against Cincinnati for him to get benched. 

I think we’re to that point where you just have to ride it out. For better or worse. 

I mean riding out (hot hand) was applicable due to Case playing over is head.  Another poor game (or half) certainly indicates the ride might be over and a change is warranted

By about 4 pm on Sunday, I think we'll forget about most of this drama. Case will bounce back from a tough road game against agood team and dominate an underperforming team at home, much like the switch that happened between Weeks 2-3.

Just now, Klomp said:

By about 4 pm on Sunday, I think we'll forget about most of this drama. Case will bounce back from a tough road game against agood team and dominate an underperforming team at home, much like the switch that happened between Weeks 2-3.

There is a lot more tape on Keenum this time around. But I do expect Keenum to rebound but I'm not confident that he "dominates". I hope to see better decisions made and atleast 3 TD drives.

8 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I hope you’re right. But a lot of the things that have been mentioned in the last few pages aren’t limited to just this last game.

Archived