In My Words: Dwayne Haskins Shares The Experiences Of His First NFL Season

Daboyle

On 5/6/2020 at 4:00 PM, lavar703 said:

The kid gets crap constantly. Yes, I do believe the Lions game selfie was dumb and said so at the time. Does that situation need to be tied into every single thing that’s written or talked about concerning Haskins? 

Given how much of a microscope Redskins QBs are under, is that even a question at this point? 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:43 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I like Haskins & always have. Yes, I'm cautiously optimistic about his success here. But I also believe he can have success if we continue to give him a chance at that success.i hold no I'll will on his selfie. He's just a kid, was excited & probably went the wrong way in trying to take hold of his leadership of this team.

He simply just needs time. I'm certainly not going to give up on him after playing a 1/2 a season or less.

Cousins is & was a different story. He was complaining about being drafted by us after we selected RG3 in the 1st Rd.

He left a sour taste in my mouth from the very beginning. I don't think he ever wanted to be here.

At least we have a QB who does. You should be happy with that, imo.

Haskins has "skins" in his name. It was meant to be for him to be our QB & everyone better get used to it.

I think Haskins has a breakout Sophomore season & solidifies his stamp as our leader & QB.

It really doesn't matter if a player wants to be here or not, what matters to me is that they are putting the work in.  

I too like Haskins, but it is absolutely a draft pick where they needed to develop him, and it's really a shame that he was forced onto Gruden and therefore hurt his development.  

I think having Zampese in the room now is really going to help, and my hope is that Haskins makes enough strides so that the new staff does not have questions about him moving forward after this year.  

One thing is for sure, while the Redskins may not be the #1 ticket in town, the microscope is always on the Redskins quarterback.  That may never change. 

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Given how much of a microscope Redskins QBs are under, is that even a question at this point? 

I mean, we can move on from it. We won the game. He made a mistake, acknowledged it and said he needed to learn from it.  That should be the end of it. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day Haskins has backers and he has more doubters I would say and given year one it’s completely fair!! But I would say that for this teams best chance moving forward and having a window while we have this DL on cheaper deals and Collins and guys playing their prime production years. Haskins picks up this offense and they play to his strengths. He has young bright talent on offense and defense. It’s not past the rhelm to say we can’t flash with this staff of coaches. This roster has holes. But if you have Terry just repeat his year with better QB play he honestly probably has 1300 and 10 td’s. If he stays healthy we have a 1.

AGG is a wildcard. That guys hands are amazing. Haskins is a gun slinger I can see him taking chances with this guy. And if we can just have a healthy backfield and OL for once. If our defense can come together under Del Rio; there’s no reason we can’t be talking about this team in a light we haven’t talked about this team realistically since I’ve been on this forum. But I’m excited to see Haskins grow. I hope for him he does. I hope for this fan base we can just look back at these 4 classes and say that’s how we saw something special with this defense. And the guy we drafted progressed here. That be a cool forum to be apart of!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Confused Justin Timberlake GIF by The Academy Awards - Find ...

But it’s true. RSkinGM and I have been going back and forth on QBs since 2007 or 2008.  He may usually be right that the QBs we have aren’t super bowl quality, but I’ll always have Colt Brennan on him! Haha 🤣 

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But it’s true. RSkinGM and I have been going back and forth on QBs since 2007 or 2008.  He may usually be right that the QBs we have aren’t super bowl quality, but I’ll always have Colt Brennan on him! Haha 🤣 

I didn't think there could be anywhere but the ES forums for love on Colt Brennan. 

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sure, I agree, the problem is, the fanbase at large is not.  It's not in the DNA.  

Winning cures a lot of ills. We haven’t won so there’s not much love for many guys in history.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I didn't think there could be anywhere but the ES forums for love on Colt Brennan. 

Nah, there was here too. I wanted to keep Chase Daniel, and 11 years later Daniel is still in the league.