After extensive research: Since 2016, you have a 25% chance of making Playoffs if your Bye Week is before Week 8. Good Luck!

aceinthehouse

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I've always thought there should be a universal bye week. Just give everyone off week 8. Other sports have a break in their season in the form of a full week off or whatever. Granted they play more games but as physically taxing.

I agree 100% with this.

Everyone gets the same bye, for the same week. Whether that's week 8 or week 9 or whatever.

I believe it's not fair or equal parity, to give different byes all across the league.

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree 100% with this.

Everyone gets the same bye, for the same week. Whether that's week 8 or week 9 or whatever.

I believe it's not fair or equal parity, to give different byes all across the league.

Yeah, but would never happen unfortunately.  No money to be made on an all out bye week.

Also, on regards to the thread.  There needs to be a way to see if it's statistically significant of what you are saying.  You sorta just can't take a straight %.

If we are going with rest as a factor, I think it would also be best to compare the net rest time of teams vs opponents and/or travel time.  I haven't done math, but those could be significant and are in the same ballpark.

Edited by Zalixar

I remember in 2015 we had a week 4 (or 5) bye, and BB did pick up on it and mentioned how it affects the overall season (you prefer them later due to injuries later), but we still made playoffs and went to AFCCG. But I thought it interesting that Bill felt the need to bring it up - it shows coaches dislike early byes for sure.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I remember in 2015 we had a week 4 (or 5) bye, and BB did pick up on it and mentioned how it affects the overall season (you prefer them later due to injuries later), but we still made playoffs and went to AFCCG. But I thought it interesting that Bill felt the need to bring it up - it shows coaches dislike early byes for sure.

Yeah, week 4/5 is way too early.

They should all be like 7-11

• Like 2